This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I remember the first time I saw Maye play.  I was watching UNC against Miami so I could watch Kinchens, Williams, and Taylor and I didn't even realize yet who Maye was or who he played for.  I kept thinking to myself "wow this QB sucks" and then he'd make some crazy throw and I'd say "where the hell did that come from?".

He's a ball of clay, man. Every tool you want, he's got. Obviously, no guarantee whether he'll hit or not but the upside is tremendous. If you were a time traveler from 2050 and told me that Drake Maye was the only Hall of Famer from this draft class, I'd believe you. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I remember the first time I saw Maye play.  I was watching UNC against Miami so I could watch Kinchens, Williams, and Taylor and I didn't even realize yet who Maye was or who he played for.  I kept thinking to myself "wow this QB sucks" and then he'd make some crazy throw and I'd say "where the hell did that come from?".

He's got that Josh Allen in him for sure. 

What if MN trades #11 and #23 to LAC for Herbert and Harbaugh grabs McCarthy at #11 or #23? LAC has already traded or released most of their top WRs/TE/RB this off season. Maybe Harbaugh wants a clean slate to start off with this season.

5 minutes ago, Tperk said:

What if MN trades #11 and #23 to LAC for Herbert and Harbaugh grabs McCarthy at #11 or #23? LAC has already traded or released most of their top WRs/TE/RB this off season. Maybe Harbaugh wants a clean slate to start off with this season.

I was thinking about this too but apparently Herbert’s contract is basically untradeable right now. 

10 minutes ago, Tperk said:

That contract is pretty much untradeable as is.  And it'd take more than 11/23 to get it done.  The price tag on Herbert would be astronomical, and rightly so.  Minnesota would be getting him for an absolute bargain as well.  A $6M cap hit this year, a $24M the year after that, and $33M the year after that.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

I'm super excited for that 6th to become a 4th. Fields just lights up the AFC next year while Caleb has a so-so rookie season. It'd just be so funny.

Fields can do something Wilson cant anymore: run. So I suspect, rather than Fields just holding a clipboard, he'll get plays / series which will highlight his running threat (while also being able to chuck it.)

I think this reveals a bit about the "trade up for Caleb" market.   Maybe teams didn't want to fall into a potential Bryce Young style trap and give up too much.  Maybe the Panthers style trade rape option just wasn't there?  I am starting to think that was the case, which is surprising because Caleb is one of the best prospects to enter the draft in a long, long time.  

Something tells me the Bears wanted a trade back........and it wasnt there.  Maybe they were always going to go Caleb, but I have a sneaky feeling they wanted to keep Fields and go get a haul, and there were no takers.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fields can do something Wilson cant anymore: run. So I suspect, rather than Fields just holding a clipboard, he'll get plays / series which will highlight his running threat (while also being able to chuck it.)

He also will be able to learn from russ and tomlin. Good move for fields to get away from chicago

Just now, HokieHigh said:

He also will be able to learn from russ and tomlin. Good move for fields to get away from chicago

According to the CHI board - he has to play 51% of plays/snaps for the 6th to become a 4th.
So...unless Wilson goes down with an injury...it's a 6th.

• Like 1