This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Allen is a solid pickup for the Bears, but he'll be turn 32 this season. Instead of signing a young guy with upside like Hollywood Brown, they keep signing these old stopgap players at the end of their prime. Just a waste of draft capital and resources if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Minnesota traded for another 1st rounder. 

please move up for JJ. That would be so perfect. A guy with no really elite tools who they didn’t trust to throw the ball in college in the top 10 is laughable 

I will laugh so hard if they trade 2 1sts for Christian Ponder 2

Conventional wisdom is that QB is going 1-2-3 (Williams, Maye, Daniels)

So unless Minny is going up to 3 somehow, I have no idea what they’re doing. Are they really about to go up to the top 5 for McCarthy? WOOF. 

Horrifying outcome I thought of would be the Harbaugh Chargers trading Justin Herbert for those 1sts so he can take McCarthy. I don’t think it’s likely, but just a funny thought I had, what with the Chargers appearing to sell all of Herbert’s toys 

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Trading Davante for a 1st and 2nd is a lot different than trading Allen for a 4th though.

Trading the 29 year old, seldom injured Davante Adams coming off two 1st team all-pro seasons is also much different than trading the 31 yer old, often injured with zero all-pro seasons Keenan Allen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Isherwood said:

Conventional wisdom is that QB is going 1-2-3 (Williams, Maye, Daniels)

So unless Minny is going up to 3 somehow, I have no idea what they’re doing. Are they really about to go up to the top 5 for McCarthy? WOOF. 

I read somewhere on the interweb that Minny really likes Penix.  With two first round picks in their arsenal, I guess they could get crafty and make a sizable move up.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I read somewhere on the interweb that Minny really likes Penix.  With two first round picks in their arsenal, I guess they could get crafty and make a sizable move up.

I joke with my Vikings buddies that they like penix all the time. Not that there’s anything wrong with that 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, St Vince said:

Allen is a solid pickup for the Bears, but he'll be turn 32 this season. Instead of signing a young guy with upside like Hollywood Brown, they keep signing these old stopgap players at the end of their prime. Just a waste of draft capital and resources if you ask me.

I agree they also had $60 million in cap to spend this year, so you could reason they can afford these dark side of their prime players but they also signed their star CB Jaylon and signed DAndre Seift and didn’t front load the contracts…

10 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Minnesota traded for another 1st rounder. 

please move up for JJ. That would be so perfect. A guy with no really elite tools who they didn’t trust to throw the ball in college in the top 10 is laughable 

This is incredibly uninformed opinion.  Heard an interview on a podcast that went over the statistical anomalies for McCarthy. First- they were undefeated National Champs. They weren't afraid of anything. Second- he had a completion percentage above 70 when he had to leave the pocket. Third- He only played in the 4th quarter in less than half the games.

I didn't fact check, but that seems like he's a winner, accurate when things go bad AND unselfish.  

I'm no fan of Michigan, but I'd rather see the Vikes get Maye than McCarthy.

Edited by Dubz41

6 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

This is incredibly uninformed opinion.  Heard an interview on a podcast that went over the statistical anomalies for McCarthy. First- they were undefeated National Champs. They weren't afraid of anything. Second- he had a completion percentage above 70 when he had to leave the pocket. Third- He only played in the 4th quarter in less than half the games.

I didn't fact check, but that seems like he's a winner, accurate when things go bad AND unselfish.  

I'm no fan of Michigan, but I'd rather see the Vikes get Maye than McCarthy.

Ah yes, The ‘winner trait’ !  Just because his team is great, the QB must be great too.. 

JJ McCarthy could’ve been substituted for a number of college QBs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isherwood said:

Tim Tebow was a winner 

Here come the real insightful posts. Mocking McCarthy because he was 27-1 as a starter. 

We'll see. Tried to share an opinion with a little statistical reference.  He's more talented than given credit for.