This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.

Chicago needs a QB, Washington needs a QB and both traded away there 2023 starter.  NE needs a QB, traded away Jones, but also brought in Brissett, so if they don't like any of the QB that would be there at 3, they could trade down and add picks / players/ assets and wait on a QB for later in the draft or even until 2025.

If MINN wants to get into that top 3-5 range, it probably needs to be pick 11+ 23+ 2025 1st

Yup ..  Jordan Love's trade up for a measly 4th rounder looks pretty frickin good in comparison doesn't it?!   Even more so, spending a boat load of picks to move up to draft a rookie QB isn't a guarantee by any means .. see the 2021 QB draft for determining that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

Agreed.

Chicago needs a QB, Washington needs a QB and both traded away there 2023 starter.  NE needs a QB, traded away Jones, but also brought in Brissett, so if they don't like any of the QB that would be there at 3, they could trade down and add picks / players/ assets and wait on a QB for later in the draft or even until 2025.

If MINN wants to get into that top 3-5 range, it probably needs to be pick 11+ 23+ 2025 1st

I think it's quite possible that New England has a strong preference for either Maye or Daniels, and Minn is preparing offers for the 3rd, 4th and 5th picks to make sure they get one of the top 4 QBs, depending on what happens with the picks above them. The trade package you illustrate is exactly what they're preparing to offer.

I sort of forgot that the Bears traded up to go get Justin Fields. 

2 firsts, a fourth, and a fifth. 

Turned that into 10 wins and a sixth. 

Makes things even funnier. 

Edited by wgbeethree
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Sandy said:

I think it's quite possible that New England has a strong preference for either Maye or Daniels, and Minn is preparing offers for the 3rd, 4th and 5th picks to make sure they get one of the top 4 QBs, depending on what happens with the picks above them. The trade package you illustrate is exactly what they're preparing to offer.

I just don't see the Bears, Commanders or Patriots dealing out of their top 3 positions as they all need QB's badly.  That leaves the Cardinals or Chargers who has their QB in place as a probable trade partner for the Vikings.  Williams, Maye and Daniels are the top 3 and would be a huge surprise if they aren't all gone with the 1st 3 picks.  McCarthy, Penix Jr or Nix is what's left to trade for and to get "their guy" it's going to take  the 2 - 1st choices and more.  It must be infuriating for them to see the Packers with Love in place for "only" an additional 4th round pick.  Will be fascinating to sit back and watch to see how this all pans out!

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I just don't see the Bears, Commanders or Patriots dealing out of their top 3 positions as they all need QB's badly.  That leaves the Cardinals or Chargers who has their QB in place as a probable trade partner for the Vikings.  Williams, Maye and Daniels are the top 3 and would be a huge surprise if they aren't all gone with the 1st 3 picks.  McCarthy, Penix Jr or Nix is what's left to trade for and to get "their guy" it's going to take  the 2 - 1st choices and more.  It must be infuriating for them to see the Packers with Love in place for "only" an additional 4th round pick.  Will be fascinating to sit back and watch to see how this all pans out!

I don't see the Bears or Commanders trading out, 100%.

I also don't think the Pat's will trade out of 3...I'm merely speculating that they might not love Maye or Daniels and would prefer to take a haul for that pick and roll with Brissett instead of taking a prospect they don't like.

I agree it would be a huge surprise if they did...but stranger things have happened in the draft. 

Unless they are absolutely sold that they found their guy, I wouldn't trade more than 11 and 24.  Dare the Giants, Titans, Falcons, and Jets to take a QB.  That leaves you with a very, very good OL or WR at 11.  I don't think that team is far off.  I would stay the course, take my QB if he is there, or eat it for one more season but have a team ready to unleash in 2025.

2023 stats.  364 for 470.  77.4%.  4508 yards.  45 TD's 3 INT.

Career college stats, 5 years.  1286 for 1936.  66.4%.  15352 yards.  113 TD's.  26 INTs.

6'3 214 pounds.

I haven't watched him, but why isn't Bo Nix a great guy to take after the top 3 are gone?

I'm really interested as to why I'm not hearing much about him now.  

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

2023 stats.  364 for 470.  77.4%.  4508 yards.  45 TD's 3 INT.

Career college stats, 5 years.  1286 for 1936.  66.4%.  15352 yards.  113 TD's.  26 INTs.

6'3 214 pounds.

I haven't watched him, but why isn't Bo Nix a great guy to take after the top 3 are gone?

I'm really interested as to why I'm not hearing much about him now.  

Apparently he played in a real QB-Friendly system in Oregon, and he's also already 24, so his developmental ceiling might be low. He's roughly Jake Locker-safe in terms of projection, so he'll fly under the radar until he's picked somewhere in the 1st or 2nd round.

35 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

Apparently he played in a real QB-Friendly system in Oregon, and he's also already 24, so his developmental ceiling might be low. He's roughly Jake Locker-safe in terms of projection, so he'll fly under the radar until he's picked somewhere in the 1st or 2nd round.

I'm just box score scouting here....and I have prospect fatigue...so....

Kid was at Auburn for 3 years prior to Oregon.  Looks like he threw enough to be a starter for those 3 seasons.  And while they were not as good as his last two at Oregon....they were still pretty good.

I just feel, after doing all of about 2 minutes of "research" on QB's like this is a kid that is being slept on.  5 year starter, unreal TD to INT ratio.  Very good %.  Hits the size marks nicely.  He's like one of those guys who is going to go later, maybe sit for a year or two and then look really good.

14 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I sort of forgot that the Bears traded up to go get Justin Fields. 

2 firsts, a fourth, and a fifth. 

Turned that into 10 wins and a sixth. 

Makes things even funnier. 

At least they didn't give up two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick to trade up one spot for Turbisky before that too.

Edited by Arthur Penske

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm just box score scouting here....and I have prospect fatigue...so....

Kid was at Auburn for 3 years prior to Oregon.  Looks like he threw enough to be a starter for those 3 seasons.  And while they were not as good as his last two at Oregon....they were still pretty good.

I just feel, after doing all of about 2 minutes of "research" on QB's like this is a kid that is being slept on.  5 year starter, unreal TD to INT ratio.  Very good %.  Hits the size marks nicely.  He's like one of those guys who is going to go later, maybe sit for a year or two and then look really good.

That's fair, but I remember the last time I touted a guy based on spending nearly all of his college career as a starter, and that was Jake Locker. I was even touting him over the likes of Cam freakin' Newton.

In all likelihood though, you're probably seeing Nix just treading water because he's done little after the College Season ended to either elevate or drop his draft stock. The only guy in the 1st/2nd tiers to really make any waves is JJ, and that took a National Championship and taking the unofficial accuracy title at the Combine.

Additional note; apparently he's got questions about his ability to throw downfield; he has an extremely low average depth of target(6.8 yards, meaning he was throwing for shorter distances- 122nd out of 125 QBs) in his stats, and extremely low in deep ball rates(10.2 percent). It may have been Oregon's system- they were screen-heavy- but it's probably those questions which keep him confined to the 2nd tier.

• Like 1