This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Didn't Jordan Love have a rough rookie training camp? Talk about gaslighting lol

McCarthy is in a pretty good situation. Him throwing interceptions or touchdowns right now isn't indicative of anything when the games matter. 

That was also the COVID offseason when there was limited contact.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

McCarthy, like Love might end up being QB3 to start the season though. Darnold is who he is, unless he has a Geno Smith type ascension (aka from absolute bum to top 20 QB). If he stinks it up, Mullens knows the offense and will just last YOLO ball to finish out the season lol

Winning isn't a QB stat anyways. Never was.

Also I literally lol'd at Michael Panics😂😂

If Minnesota has the patience to sit McCarthy for the entire year, I'll be surprised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If Minnesota has the patience to sit McCarthy for the entire year, I'll be surprised.

Unless Kevin O’Donnell finds himself on the hot seat, I can see him sitting all year and just taking the top 12 pick next year.

You youngsters will have to explain to me what gaslighting is.. actually don’t bother I’m really not interested. I understand that the lord Jesus Christ has chosen the great Green Bay Packers as his chosen team. The mere possibility of another team having a great quarterback especially in the NFC North is absolutely an impossibility. Maybe it’s someone else’s time? I’d say the odds are against you 

3 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

You youngsters will have to explain to me what gaslighting is.. actually don’t bother I’m really not interested. I understand that the lord Jesus Christ has chosen the great Green Bay Packers as his chosen team. The mere possibility of another team having a great quarterback especially in the NFC North is absolutely an impossibility. Maybe it’s someone else’s time? I’d say the odds are against you 

It’s a term that comes from an Ingrid Bergman film, so from your time. Worth a rewatch since it might have been a few decades since you spent your nickel at the moving pictures. 

https://youtu.be/0ToLfQU2xmg?si=oPj-najwWBhq3FvM

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

I’m glad you come to accept our lord and savior has chosen Green Bay as his team.

ghows-NB-0c24de68-4685-4f66-b439-b4567c1

6 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Caleb Williams look to be that QB. Has a good WR core and looks to be setup for success, which is a new thing in Bears territory. Time will tell though. McCarthy seems to have the coach and obviously he has Jefferson to rely on.

8 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

It's possible for another team in the NFC-N to have a great QB.  After all, the Vikings did get a great year out of Favre.

They say that God in heaven is everybody's God,

And I believe that God in heaven is everybody's God. 

But I tell you sir with pride,

God leans a little to the side,

of the Lees Packers, the Lees of Old Virginia Packers of Old Green Bay

Patience is a virtue. None of the other 31 organizations have been as nurturing with their quarterbacks as Green Bay. 

Heed my advice, let young McCarthy watch and learn, for at least two years. 

Say it with me. 18 game seasons. No player allowed to play more than 16.

Backup QBs now get two live games a year. That goes quite far for developing young QBs. Teams that had injured QBs prior to week 16 now probably get to face a backup with their QB1. Teams that need an excuse to play a young player are now given one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's possible for another team in the NFC-N to have a great QB.  After all, the Vikings did get a great year out of Favre.

I guess you are going to have to push the boundary from very good to great, but Kirk was very, very good, and they had a few really good seasons from Daunte Culpepper.  His 2004 season would have won him an MVP in just about any other year, but that was a monster Peyton Manning season.  

Williams will probably be good.  But I trust the coaches in Minnesota more than the ones in Chicago.  Plus the Bears have drafted like 3 of the players you have even heard of on their roster.  

For the Vikings, it should be a year like 2023 was for the Packers.  Evaluation of the team, if you win it is just icing on the cake.