This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

26 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

F Jerry Jones but.....

I really believe he wants it as much or more than any owner. 

If you told every owner they would not make a single cent next year but would win the Super Bowl and asked if they were cool with that I think he would be one of if not the only guys to pass a lie detector test.

I strongly dislike the guy as a person but I'm pretty sure his intentions are "pure".

Putting all of his personal transgressions aside, yeah he’s fine as an owner.

I think all the owners would take you up on that offer. Even if they lost money they would. There are some things money can’t buy. That’s what billionaires collect.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

F Jerry Jones but.....

I really believe he wants it as much or more than any owner. 

If you told every owner they would not make a single cent next year but would win the Super Bowl and asked if they were cool with that I think he would be one of if not the only guys to pass a lie detector test.

I strongly dislike the guy as a person but I'm pretty sure his intentions are "pure".

Honestly, I feel like Jerry Jones got more "pleasant" the older he got.  Don't get me wrong, you can point to when he's got his hands all over the franchise but he seems to be letting his guys do the work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I feel like Jerry Jones got more "pleasant" the older he got.  Don't get me wrong, you can point to when he's got his hands all over the franchise but he seems to be letting his guys do the work.

You don't think he's still making the final call on draft day? 

Cowboys will always be the Faux America's team. Packers will always be the real one. 

Edited by Old Guy

52 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Cowboys will always be the Faux America's team. Packers will always be the real one. 

I'm not saying he doesn't make the final call.  I'm staying it's very clear when he's the one making the big decision (i.e. Felix Jones, Dez Bryant, CeeDee Lamb, Mike Jenkins, etc.) and when he's relying on his FO personnel (Travis Federico, Zach Martin, Tyler Smith, etc.).

I'm pretty sure Jerry Jones has stepped back from making personnel decisions because he is 81 years old, and probably did long before he was 81 years old.  Like obviously his decision matters because he's the boss, but I think his kid does what he used to in terms of personnel.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The self-proclaimed title 'Americas Team' is an accolade that should be shunned - by all teams. It's just a disruptive meme and essentially meaningless.

29 minutes ago, Tperk said:

A current cheerleader or one from the 70's?

Current.  My friend's niece is on the team.  Super nice girl.  One of my former neighbors was a Rams cheerleader and a dancer for the Spurs too.  Maybe I have only met the nice ones, but they all are super duper nice.