This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, have your former employer who fired you ask you to come back and talk to their current employees and see how you feel.

Yes and no. These guys are obviously driven as hell and used to being the big dog or they wouldn’t get to the top position. Still, there is a level of realizing it’s a results driven business and it might not be your fault, but you’re going to have to fall on the sword when things go to ****. No need to pretend like you love the owners that fired you but there is a certain wisdom in understanding that’s just how the game goes sometimes. 

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think I would enjoy drinks with Zimmer.  And the more he'd have, the more I'd like him.

I bet wine in a box is his drink of choice.

Edited by thrILL!
🍷
  • Like 1

If the Bears fail to win the Super Bowl this year, their 1985 Super Bowl win will be closer to the end of WWII than present day. 

The 1957 Lions Championship is closer to the Spanish American war than Present day. 

AND......... the Vikings are jealous of both of them! 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 7

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If the Bears fail to win the Super Bowl this year, their 1985 Super Bowl win will be close to the end of WWII than present day. 

The 1957 Lions Championship is closer to the Spanish American war than Present day. 

AND......... the Vikings are jealous of both of them! 

Viking fans would argue that they actually won the NFL Championship in 1969 before losing the Super Bowl. The merger took place 5 months later. So they might deny they are jealous of the Lions.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Viking fans would argue that they actually won the NFL Championship in 1969 before losing the Super Bowl. The merger took place 5 months later. So they might deny they are jealous of the Lions.  

So, before they started to play American vs. National league baseball games in the regular season, the conference champions were the 'real,' champions? 

It was the 4th iteration of a final game to see who was CHAMPION! Everybody knew that was the Championship game.

Edited by Old Guy

21 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Chicago thought it was going to get an easy win, and they're folding.

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I thought Tennessee might have a top defense this year. Added some real pieces to that product.

Jinxed it.

Levis tried hard, and succeeded in, handling the Bears the game.

On the plus side for the Bears, D is still good, specials are a plus, and the QB didn't make the huge mistake to lose the game.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jinxed it.

Levis tried hard, and succeeded in, handling the Bears the game.

On the plus side for the Bears, D is still good, specials are a plus, and the QB didn't make the huge mistake to lose the game.

You are judging this against one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm not sure you can say any of those things are true after only playing the Titans. 

I will predict Williams is going to make plenty of mistakes because he trusts his arm too much and he's not playing against the Pac 10 defenses any longer. 

The Bears defense will be above average, not nowhere near great. 

No clue yet on special teams. 

Two gift TDs by the Titans or this one is not close. That Levis pick six was vintage bonehead Favre. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You are judging this against one of the worst teams in the NFL. I'm not sure you can say any of those things are true after only playing the Titans. 

I will predict Williams is going to make plenty of mistakes because he trusts his arm too much and he's not playing against the Pac 10 defenses any longer. 

The Bears defense will be above average, not nowhere near great. 

No clue yet on special teams. 

Two gift TDs by the Titans or this one is not close. That Levis pick six was vintage bonehead Favre. 

You are letting a Chicago bias work against you.

The fact is Caleb didn't turn the ball over and do really dumb things that lose games.  Don't get me wrong, he looked like a rookie making his first start, but he wasn't the QB who made a boneheaded move that cost his team the game.  That was Levis.

They did play strong defense and special teams, which they've done for years.

And now you go onto a limb and predict that Williams is going to make mistakes?  Wow.  You are really out there on that one, lol!

I'm talking about just that past game.  Williams didn't lose them the game.  I can give that slight amount of credit to him.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You are letting a Chicago bias work against you.

The fact is Caleb didn't turn the ball over and do really dumb things that lose games.  Don't get me wrong, he looked like a rookie making his first start, but he wasn't the QB who made a boneheaded move that cost his team the game.  That was Levis.

They did play strong defense and special teams, which they've done for years.

And now you go onto a limb and predict that Williams is going to make mistakes?  Wow.  You are really out there on that one, lol!

I'm talking about just that past game.  Williams didn't lose them the game.  I can give that slight amount of credit to him.

The only reason Caleb Williams didn't lose the game was because Levis beat him to it. Even with the special team's gaffe. 

Williams ultimately completed just 14 of his 29 passing attempts for a total of 93 yards and a rating of 55.7.

This stat line is losing the game as a QB in the NFL. 

The bold part is what the Packers are hoping for in the next few weeks. Pretty sure Poles didn't draft Williams thinking, I know he won't lose any game for us! LOL You get -10 points for this comment.

If you had said, "he's a rookie, it was his first game and he'll learn from it." That would be acceptable. NOT losing the game is setting the bar so low and an couldn't limbo under it. 

Edited by Old Guy