Cravens

Marcus21

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Based on nothing more than a hunch and glance at the full roster, my guess is that they select a QB3 project in rd 6-7-UDFA.

Then, they select a day 2 QB in the 2019 Draft with the intent that he will be developed into their QBotF for 2021. 

Honestly I don’t think we’ll draft a QB that early until 2020 or later.  Doesn’t make sense to groom a starter on the bench for 3 seasons.  With $71 Mil gauranteed Smith is essentially gauranteed the starter spot for at least two seasons.  

44 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Honestly I don’t think we’ll draft a QB that early until 2020 or later.  Doesn’t make sense to groom a starter on the bench for 3 seasons.  With $71 Mil gauranteed Smith is essentially gauranteed the starter spot for at least two seasons.  

Let’s see how it plays out. And the new regime drafts their QB

On 2/11/2018 at 7:48 PM, MKnight82 said:

I would say this likely means that Jay Gruden is safe until 2020

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

If craven does stay with the redskins . He did okay in the slot last season. I don't mind giving him another chance .

Cravens didn't play last year and barely played his rookie year. Just cut him and move on. He's a major headcase.

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Cravens didn't play last year and barely played his rookie year. Just cut him and move on. He's a major headcase.

Give him a chance ... he's cheap and honestly he did show some flashes . He's only 23-24 he's still young . Worst case we release him but you know dude it's okay to give another chance . 

I thought he did ok in his rookie year . Not WOW but again maybe this year he's motivated .

If the locker room as a whole simply won’t accept him, then you probably can’t bring him back. Only the players/coaches can really know that. 

Otherwise, take him back. See where his head and his body are. It’s not like we’re overflowing with talent, and the guy has plenty of it. On a rookie contract. Especially because he fits a very particular need on this team — everyone seems to want Zach Brown back, and for the most part I do too, but it’s hard to imagine an ILB duo that struggles more in coverage than he and Mason Foster. 

On a personal note, my sister had a very serious accident months ago and is still suffering from post concussion syndrome. If that’s really what was causing whatever mental instability Su’a was going through — and it’s not just an excuse he or his agent concocted to try to explain his behavior — folks should probably ease up on him a little. It’s real, and it’s debilitating. 

Just doing their due diligence, I'd think they would put him out there to see what his perceived value is. Like others suggest, they need to talk to the main players.. see how they feel about a potential return. Also wouldn't hurt to send him in to a counselor to gauge where his head is. Gather all the facts possible, then make a decision. (basically all the inside goodies that we the outside fans won't know jack about)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/14/mason-foster-all-for-sua-cravens-return/ 

“For you to work the whole year with us in OTAs, you got a starting spot and all of a sudden you just walk away from it, it’s tough,” Foster said on The Team 980, via the Washington Post. “Without explaining it to guys on the team, I think some guys are going to feel a certain way, but me, I’m all for him to come back. He’s a great player. He’s made plays here, but I think it’s going to be a work in progress. You’re going to have to come back and show people what you’re made of and show people that your heart is really in it, or I don’t think anybody’s really going to welcome you back in with open arms like that.”

Archived