Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It's Dolan selling off all assets to recoup any money lost in this past year for financial reasons. He doesn't care about the fans or winning. He only cares about winning if it fits into his budget. That's why the Indians pushed some chips into the middle with Edwin during that WS run.

However, he probably lost some money during Covid and instead of spending on a top 15-20 payroll for a team that's probably not going to earn a ton of money-- he is cutting.

Same concept as the company I work for that laid off 3/4 of the workforce when Covid hit in April so they could stay in the black.

It's easy to get over money loss from Covid when you cut 250 employee salaries out of the company. And that also came from a multi millionaire owner who could afford to stomach the losses.

Wait, what? This isn’t madden. This is real life where there are financial consequences. 

I honestly can’t believe you guys are making me defend the dolans. 😂

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Same concept as the company I work for that laid off 3/4 of the workforce when Covid hit in April so they could stay in the black.

It's easy to get over money loss from Covid when you cut 250 employee salaries out of the company. And that also came from a multi millionaire owner who could afford to stomach the losses.

Companies eventually go under doing that. The owner is just trying to survive as long as humanly possible.

Once a market picks back up, you’re not going to be able to keep up with your competition due to sheer manpower.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If the team keeps failing to do anything in the postseason yes.

Here, let’s flip it. Why should Dolan be considered successful in your opinion?

Then they should be fired. What’s next?  What front office group can do better? You want a Browns situation? Or is the Marlins situation unique? Don’t mind me I’m just being obtuse here. 

Did I ever say the Dolans are successful? I’ve stated multiple times I don’t like them and never wanted them as owners. Obtuse?  What a word. 

When you’re in a blizzard with a yugo, you do what you can. Ya dig?

It is obvious to me Dolan is selling the team because of name change and getting basically 4 wannabes for two top tier players.  I think they will lose most of the fan base that did not leave the sinking ship.

39 minutes ago, #32 said:

It is obvious to me Dolan is selling the team because of name change and getting basically 4 wannabes for two top tier players.  I think they will lose most of the fan base that did not leave the sinking ship.

Cookie isn’t a top tier player anymore 

the SS they got is an avg  SS. Like he won’t be the worst starter. 

biggest issue was they didn’t get a legit top tier prospect. They should have gotten at least a top 5 prospect. They got their 9th and 10th prospect. Who prolly won’t have a pay off until 2026/2027

we got hosed.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:22 AM, #32 said:

I mean, maybe.

I really just think the Dolans are preparing for exceedingly low attendance due to covid and don’t want to lose money.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, maybe.

I really just think the Dolans are preparing for exceedingly low attendance due to covid and don’t want to lose money.

Yup

slashing out payroll by $44M in one move is all you need to know (plus Hand, Santana, etc.... moves)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 8:34 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, maybe.

Really a tough 10 month stretch to be a multi-billionaire, even with that 34% portfolio increase on the investment end in 2020.

5jjg.gif

giphy.gif

200.gif

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

mel brooks slapstick GIF by IFC

OK, they did something.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/mlb/indians/indians-re-sign-cesar-hernandez/95-cd4965a7-45ff-4475-9f33-98a75507b5d3

Gonna do something else perhaps?

Not holding my breath on this, however.  Maybe a bargain basement outfielder?

Im surprised that resigned Cesar...

I bet their irons are on old washed up vets

• Like 1