Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Investing in your “favorite teams” arch rival....

in a dying sport no less.

why not save up you coins and go full blown Jordan and become majority owner in the sport you know and made a living with

it could be a dying sport but its not a dying franchise to be a part of. It could be an investment that allows him in a few years to buy an NBA team. Why save up the coin, when the investment could yield a much bigger return. 

He isnt a dumb business man that is for sure. He prolly would love to invest into an NBA team like that but he is prolly not allowed too because he is still an active player. Also curious what plays out with his son being in the league and him trying to own or owning a team. Did Jordan's one son ever play in the league while he was the owner of the bobcats/hornets?

12 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

All while acting like the biggest local fan in the sport when we were squaring off with the cubs

also why would you become a minority owner of the Indians, with the Dolans as the majority stake holder. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 9:46 PM, NateDawg said:

Yankees fan LeBron James, who selectively roots for the Cleveland team is now part owner of the Red Sox. @malibuspeedrace

This is just sound business. He's dipping his toe in the team ownership waters and he can't do that with the NBA until he retires. He also did this with Liverpool, they're part of some group that also owns the Red Sox. Hate them, but they're big brands worth tons of money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

This is just sound business. He's dipping his toe in the team ownership waters and he can't do that with the NBA until he retires. He also did this with Liverpool, they're part of some group that also owns the Red Sox. Hate them, but they're big brands worth tons of money. 

Tlrd; Bron is a sellout.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Yeah, he bought into the group that owns a chunk of the Red Sox, but they own racing, soccer, and other athletic interests too. It's an investment, not something he needs to take an active role in.

We've sold Adam Plutko to the Orioles!  

Fantastic news!  We'll be able to buy brand name laundry detergent to clean our uniforms this year.  

breaking news GIF

As we'll be changing our team name in the near future, Mr. Dolan (have to respect the team owner), has decided to forego washing the players uniforms this year, since we'll be changing them next year anyways.

Rumor has it that he has decided to take all $75 dollars received from the Orioles, and invest them to help benefit the club.

Loser GIF

If you look at the above gif closely, you get a pretty good indication that Paul Dolan has already made a decision on the new name for the club.  Cleveland Ticks?  Not sure I like that .

18 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

We've sold Adam Plutko to the Orioles!  

Fantastic news!  We'll be able to buy brand name laundry detergent to clean our uniforms this year.  

breaking news GIF

As we'll be changing our team name in the near future, Mr. Dolan (have to respect the team owner), has decided to forego washing the players uniforms this year, since we'll be changing them next year anyways.

Rumor has it that he has decided to take all $75 dollars received from the Orioles, and invest them to help benefit the club.

Loser GIF

If you look at the above gif closely, you get a pretty good indication that Paul Dolan has already made a decision on the new name for the club.  Cleveland Ticks?  Not sure I like that .

Plutko is out of minor league options, so the trade allows Cleveland to receive at least a modest return for a player who wasn’t likely to make their Opening Day roster, rather than lose Plutko for nothing on the waiver wire.  Plutko’s 40-man roster space can now be filled by Bryan Shaw, who was in camp on a minor league contract and had already been told that he will make the team.”.    

I already despised Shaw......let’s now trade an actual arm for peanuts, to allow him to take up a roster spot.   

thank you Hulu for not coming to terms with Fox sports

12 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Plutko is out of minor league options, so the trade allows Cleveland to receive at least a modest return for a player who wasn’t likely to make their Opening Day roster, rather than lose Plutko for nothing on the waiver wire.  Plutko’s 40-man roster space can now be filled by Bryan Shaw, who was in camp on a minor league contract and had already been told that he will make the team.”.    

I already despised Shaw......let’s now trade an actual arm for peanuts, to allow him to take up a roster spot.   

thank you Hulu for not coming to terms with Fox sports

Oh, I know he is out of options.  I'd seen that Shaw made the roster, and I'm not thrilled that he has made the roster either.  Maybe simply because he's not playing at altitude anymore things will look better?  (Doubt it though.)  

To parrot your last line.

Thank goodness for Australian Rules Football.  It has made my summers so much fun over the last 5 years.  

I am rather disturbed that Sinclair (Bally's Great Lakes) or whatever the hell they're calling it, haven't been able to reach a deal.  This isn't a Cleveland thing, but rather all over the country.  It is amazing that a business that doesn't actually have to create their product, has decided to accept 100% of NOTHING, rather than 65% (guessing on the figure here) of something to put their product on Hulu Live, Youtube TV and I also believe Fubo TV.