Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Who cares. I'm breaking up with this team. I've given them my entire life only to not have my loyalty and love reciprocated. All gear going to Goodwill ASAP. I'm ending this toxic relationship until they sell the team.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not that upset about YoutubeTV and Sinclair not being able to reach an agreement to carry STO and FoxSports Ohio (or Bally Sports Great Lakes, or whatever the hell they're calling it now).  I'm so wrapped up in Australian Football (and everyone else should be too....ending of today's editorial), that I haven't watched more than a handful of Indians games over the last couple years.  

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Who cares. I'm breaking up with this team. I've given them my entire life only to not have my loyalty and love reciprocated. All gear going to Goodwill ASAP. I'm ending this toxic relationship until they sell the team.

But they just signed an $8m OF... /s

Trevor Bauer’s 2021 salary is $4M higher then the projected Indians 2021 payroll. 

MLB is just a dumb product at this point. I don’t mind an unequal balance of power at the collegiate level but if you are ‘professional’ don’t be semi-pro basically against a select group of actual professionals with endless pockets. I get the reasons for no salary cap but MLB has made it pretty uninteresting and disheartening for 75% of North America. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Trevor Bauer’s 2021 salary is $4M higher then the projected Indians 2021 payroll. 

MLB is just a dumb product at this point. I don’t mind an unequal balance of power at the collegiate level but if you are ‘professional’ don’t be semi-pro basically against a select group of actual professionals with endless pockets. I get the reasons for no salary cap but MLB has made it pretty uninteresting and disheartening for 75% of North America. 

The nfl is the only balanced league.

In baseball, there a giant salary gap.

In basketball, there’s a giant talent gap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

019c1db10910e6f68ac361ce5eaaa43c.gif

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

019c1db10910e6f68ac361ce5eaaa43c.gif

Sadly....and I want to say damn you, @MWil23for posting it,

but won't because I respect you far too much to do that.....

Sir, this GIF of your is spot on.

MLB, 

cbc that doesnt seem fair GIF by Kim's Convenience

Now, I don't begrudge any player from getting the biggest contract that they can get, but as @NateDawgsaid, it makes it uninteresting and disheartening for 75% of America.....and it allows that damned communist sport to continue to encroach into the US.

soccer GIFSleepy Germany GIF by FIFA

I call it that because they don't let you use all of your body parts to play the game.  ;) 

If you're one of those disheartened and uninterested baseball "fans", come join me in following Aussie Rules Football....where stuff like this happens...dislocate your knee cap?  No worries.

injury knee GIF

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Baseball is definitely a product of haves and have nots. To give an idea of the disparity of money involved, the Indians tv revenue this year is $47 million. The Dodgers? $237 million 😠😡😤

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...