Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

32 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Am I the only one who is a bit nervous playing the Yankees?  I know that winning a championship means more when you play the best instead of playing inferior opponents but I would have preferred playing the Twins.

Peace!!!

You're not the only one. They do pose a real threat with their hitting. I think our pitching overcomes them. Can't hit the ball if it flies past you. Indians in 3. If Bauer wins tonight, no way Yanks get passed Cookie or Kluber. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

You're not the only one. They do pose a real threat with their hitting. I think our pitching overcomes them. Can't hit the ball if it flies past you. Indians in 3. If Bauer wins tonight, no way Yanks get passed Cookie or Kluber. 

Eh, possible, but I wouldn't take that as a given, especially Carrasco. He's been prone to blow up games this year.

I'm nervous, but excited. Nobody knows what will happen from here on in, it's all up in the air.

Tonight's lineup:

1. Lindor SS

2. Kipnis CF

3. Ramirez 2B

4. Edwin DH

5. Bruce RF

6. Santana 1B

7. Lonnie LF

8. Perez C

9. Urshela 3B

Lonnie/Kipnis and no Jackson. Tito knows more than me. I just like Jackson in that 2-hole right now way more than Kipnis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I agree with you but it might be a better match-up with Gray vs. Kipnis than Jackson.  I haven't looked at it.  The line-up looks about as good as it could right now though.  I would rather see Kip/Lonnie batting 7 and Jackson at 2.  But I'll give it a game or two before I get nervous about the line-up.

Also gives Tito a great bench player to utilize later on in the game. That might be the starting line up but who knows how t finishes up. Tito seems too at times like going offensive early in games and than go with defense to match with his bullpen

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Eh, possible, but I wouldn't take that as a given, especially Carrasco. He's been prone to blow up games this year.

I'm nervous, but excited. Nobody knows what will happen from here on in, it's all up in the air.

He’s been prone? I would say not really he only had 3 bad outings this year. Only one of them were on the road. Cookie is a run better on the road than at home

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Tonight's lineup:

1. Lindor SS

2. Kipnis CF

3. Ramirez 2B

4. Edwin DH

5. Bruce RF

6. Santana 1B

7. Lonnie LF

8. Perez C

9. Urshela 3B

Lonnie/Kipnis and no Jackson. Tito knows more than me. I just like Jackson in that 2-hole right now way more than Kipnis. 

Right-handed pitcher.

By the book.

I sometimes do not like the book.

This is one of those times.

48 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The Indians pitchers have to be a pain in the *** to face. They REFUSE to give up homeruns because they don’t throw fastballs.

That’s not even the worse pain. It’s a pain in the butt because they all throw a damn good breaking ball or a slider. You look at the Indians top 4 pitchers Kluber Cookie Bauer and Clevinger. They all throw a nasty curve that they control very well. 

I want to say during the game last night they showed a stat that the previous two season and Bauer threw his curve less than 20%. This season he has thrown it close to 30% of the time. I liked how last night he was giving every batter a steady dose of breaking balls and than would finish them with a 2seam that had some great movement on it.