Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Btw @Bucketheadsdad, I feel like you need an extra congrats for buckethead.  Kid seems squared away and it’s been great to see his development over the years.  

Hell im proud of what he’s done, I can’t imagine how you feel.

Thanks!  He heads to his first duty station in a few weeks.  He's very excited.  Daughter just graduated as well, and tried out (and made) the Flag Corps for the marching band where she's going to school.  It has been a great last few weeks.  

Not sure how much I'm going to like the empty nest thing, though.  Both of them at least 8 hours drive away.

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thanks!  He heads to his first duty station in a few weeks.  He's very excited.  Daughter just graduated as well, and tried out (and made) the Flag Corps for the marching band where she's going to school.  It has been a great last few weeks.  

Not sure how much I'm going to like the empty nest thing, though.  Both of them at least 8 hours drive away.

Mine are 13 and 9 so it’s hard to imagine.  Can’t believe I’ll do well though....

Plan some road trips and thoroughly embarrass them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not a fan of the media, but somebody needs to go after Tito about continuing to play Kipnis.

Our dude is still keeping a foot in that cleanup spot with an OBP, BA, and SLG all at or near the bottom of the order. 

Average team is playing average ball right now. 

Above average arms pre-injury.  The way the pitching has been decimated, if we're getting average pitching, we're doing pretty good.

Some horrible bats and a couple guys (Santana and Lindor) that are mashing.  All in all, if we get average offensive production with what we have out there, we're doing alright there also.  Expecting this roster to be in 1st right now, considering injuries, is highly unrealistic. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Average team is playing average ball right now. 

It's almost like the Dolans intentionally dumped $20 million from a legitimately good roster through trades and allowed an All Star CF to leave via free agency.

Above average arms pre-injury.  The way the pitching has been decimated, if we're getting average pitching, we're doing pretty good.

I've actually been very pleasantly surprised by them scrapping their way to wins the last week or so.

Some horrible bats and a couple guys (Santana and Lindor) that are mashing. 

Also time to give Perez his due. He's been a solid Gomes replacement with the bat and is better defensively. Time to also continue to bash Jose. He picked up right where he left off in September of 2018 into the postseason.

All in all, if we get average offensive production with what we have out there, we're doing alright there also. 

When you replace solid offensive guys with AA and AAA mid tier prospects, this is the result that you get unfortunately.

Expecting this roster to be in 1st right now, considering injuries, is highly unrealistic. 

100% this.