Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

so in my main league, im thinking of going johnson at 1, then at 20 going zeke if he is there (he should be). where should i target mcfadden? im thinking rounds 6/7? im scared to take him but zeke and johnson weeks 8 on makes me happy on the inside

Worth noting, with Zeke formally appealing and looking willing to take this appeal to Brady-level (i.e. he won't serve the suspension until the repeal process is fully resolved), where are you setting your risk/reward threshold for willingness to draft him (early/mid/late what round), given that he may not actually serve that suspension until next year?

Are we undervaluing CJ Anderson this year? Or did the injury last year do his career in? 

I know he was a huge disappointment in 2015 after having a huge second half in 2014. But before his injury in 2016, he was one of the more consistent RBs out there...4 of 7 weeks scoring 10+ points. I like to look for consistency. 

6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Are we undervaluing CJ Anderson this year? Or did the injury last year do his career in? 

I know he was a huge disappointment in 2015 after having a huge second half in 2014. But before his injury in 2016, he was one of the more consistent RBs out there...4 of 7 weeks scoring 10+ points. I like to look for consistency. 

Booker scares me.  I think they like him and a split backfield is one I try to avoid.  I know Booker is hurt but I think he'll be back close to Week 1 right?  

9 hours ago, The LBC said:

Worth noting, with Zeke formally appealing and looking willing to take this appeal to Brady-level (i.e. he won't serve the suspension until the repeal process is fully resolved), where are you setting your risk/reward threshold for willingness to draft him (early/mid/late what round), given that he may not actually serve that suspension until next year?

I don't draft until end of August so I'm happy that I get to see this play out some more.  With 6 games I would take a shot in round 3 (preferably late 3rd if it works out).  If he fights it off until next year then you have to think he's back in the top 3-5, no?  I mean it's a risky pick sure but a full year of Zeke is worth it.  If it looks like a reduced suspension to 4 then I doubt he gets out of the 2nd.

God, I really hate my 11th pick

I have never taken a WR with my first pick in 10 years, but I don't really think I have a choice unless Freeman or Gordon drops, but that won't happen in my league

I've decided on taking Michael Thomas at 11 and either Jordy Nelson / Rob Gronkowski / AJ Green at 14 (whoever is there)

I'm not touching Howard, Ajayi, Fournette, Gurley or Murray. They scream bust to me.

57 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

God, I really hate my 11th pick

I have never taken a WR with my first pick in 10 years, but I don't really think I have a choice unless Freeman or Gordon drops, but that won't happen in my league

I've decided on taking Michael Thomas at 11 and either Jordy Nelson / Rob Gronkowski / AJ Green at 14 (whoever is there)

I'm not touching Howard, Ajayi, Fournette, Gurley or Murray. They scream bust to me.

Any reason why you're taking Thomas over Nelson and AJ? To me those guys are guaranteed to finish top 8. I'm with you on RBs though, after the top 4 (DJ, Bell, Shady, Gordon) I'm not really a fan of that next tier and might just draft a team backfield later on in the draft..like a Theo/Abdullah, Jacquizz/Martin, Ware/Hunt or a Kelley/Perine and Derrick Henry is still going low enough (10th round) to make that backfield an interesting option. I absolutely love Christian McCaffrey this year, but his ADP is creeping into the 3rd round, and that's to rich for my blood. 

Really debating on taking Zeke in the 2nd round of my draft. Especially if I feel I can get top 15RB production from Quizz Rodgers over the first 3 weeks and maybe even Jeremy Hill for the first few. Everyone knows Mixon is going to be the starter eventually but will Marvin Lewis be hard-headed in the beginning of the season and make the RB prove he deserves the job? Both Quizz (11th round) and Hill (12th round) are going super late in drafts. 

My thinking, I'm either going to have an RB1 at some point during the season or I'm going to be able to flip him for RB1 value to a team that's gearing up for the playoffs. To me, Zeke's trade value goes up every week that goes by. 

7 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Yes, I think we absolutely are. This is a run-first team that has bolstered their OLine and CJ has reportedly been in the best shape of his life this offseason, which I always love to hear. I really don't think Booker is going to be much of a factor when he returns, and Charles should prove to be a sparingly used X factor. 

Just looking at ESPNs current ADPs, CJ Anderson is the 30th RB off the board, behind guys like Eddie Lacy, Adrian Peterson, and Paul Perkins. Give me CJ over any of those guys. I think he's great value in the middle rounds. 

10 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Any reason why you're taking Thomas over Nelson and AJ? To me those guys are guaranteed to finish top 8. I'm with you on RBs though, after the top 4 (DJ, Bell, Shady, Gordon) I'm not really a fan of that next tier and might just draft a team backfield later on in the draft..like a Theo/Abdullah, Jacquizz/Martin, Ware/Hunt or a Kelley/Perine and Derrick Henry is still going low enough (10th round) to make that backfield an interesting option. I absolutely love Christian McCaffrey this year, but his ADP is creeping into the 3rd round, and that's to rich for my blood. 

I think Thomas and Pryor are two guys that are going to cement themselves as studs this year / the new first tier of  WR in fantasy next year with Brown and Beckham Jr

You can't discredit what Jordy has done in the past like five years and he ended last season on fire, but I'm still scared of him. I'd rather be a year early than a year late; this is why I want to guarantee I get Thomas first and then get Jordy as a bonus a few picks later

Regarding Green, same thing pretty much. He has missed at least 3 games a year for at least the last three years (off the top of my head) so why not get a sure thing first?

I just wish I could get Pryor before 3.11

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Really debating on taking Zeke in the 2nd round of my draft. Especially if I feel I can get top 15RB production from Quizz Rodgers over the first 3 weeks and maybe even Jeremy Hill for the first few. Everyone knows Mixon is going to be the starter eventually but will Marvin Lewis be hard-headed in the beginning of the season and make the RB prove he deserves the job? Both Quizz (11th round) and Hill (12th round) are going super late in drafts. 

My thinking, I'm either going to have an RB1 at some point during the season or I'm going to be able to flip him for RB1 value to a team that's gearing up for the playoffs. To me, Zeke's trade value goes up every week that goes by. 

At this point I think it's fair to assume Zeke will not be serving his suspension until November/December at the earliest with the way this appeal process is bound to shake out. So, with that said, I disagree that his trade value increases every week. In fact, it should probably decrease every week until the state of the appeal becomes a bit more clear. If I had make an educated prediction, I'd say Zeke won't be missing games until the 2018 season. If you draft Zeke, do yourself the favor of reaching for Darren McFadden later in the draft. 

This regards all Zeke Elliott related inquiries. 

1 minute ago, SoS said:

At this point I think it's fair to assume Zeke will not be serving his suspension until November/December at the earliest with the way this appeal process is bound to shake out. So, with that said, I disagree that his trade value increases every week. In fact, it should probably decrease every week until the state of the appeal becomes a bit more clear. If I had make an educated prediction, I'd say Zeke won't be missing games until the 2018 season. If you draft Zeke, do yourself the favor of reaching for Darren McFadden later in the draft. 

Ah, See I guess i was just assuming that Zeke was serving his suspense from weeks 1-6 and then the bye in week7. Wow, that really sucks. 

Archived