We Should Trade Preston Smith This Offseason

MKnight82

On 2/7/2018 at 5:35 PM, turtle28 said:

And let’s be honest, I’m the only one who gets treated like this in the forum and it’s been going on for over a decade. 

Turtle my bro- it’s not personal but you do bring a lot of this on yourself. Accept it- you bring a contrarian viewpoint ( a lot of times that I’d classify as lost causes or no brainers)and that makes this forum interesting. Embrace it.:) I know you’re not complaining about it but your post could be misinterpreted. The Joker doesn’t complain when Batman attacks him. 

who wants to talk to everyone who says the same things? I don’t. 

On 2/8/2018 at 1:37 PM, MKnight82 said:

Lol.  This article states that Preston Smith is a better pass rusher than Von Miller and Aaron Donald.  He's so overrated its ridiculous.  We should use that to dupe some team to trading for him.

Now you see why I laughed at the Nicholson being top ten thread safety .

i think smith is an alright player but not elite . I'd take him over orakpo any day. 

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Turtle my bro- it’s not personal but you do bring a lot of this on yourself. Accept it- you bring a contrarian viewpoint ( a lot of times that I’d classify as lost causes or no brainers)and that makes this forum interesting. Embrace it.:) I know you’re not complaining about it but your post could be misinterpreted. The Joker doesn’t complain when Batman attacks him. 

who wants to talk to everyone who says the same things? I don’t. 

We can't talk about this anymore doc .

:/

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It hurt’s sooooo good when advanced analytics fly in the face of regular stats and when posters base their entire analysis of a player off of regular stats and don’t think outside of the box or watch a players entire game! ? 

owwwww yeah!

And yet he wonders why posters attack his other posts sometimes xD

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It hurt’s sooooo good when advanced analytics fly in the face of regular stats and when posters base their entire analysis of a player off of regular stats and don’t think outside of the box or watch a players entire game! ? 

owwwww yeah!

This kind of obnoxious response is exactly why you get the reactions you do.  

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

owwwww yeah!

And yet, when we watch Alex Smith, we see a safe, boring, average QB, yet others are telling us that he puts up 13-3

38 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say we should re-sign him. I think he's going to put it all together this season. And will be a bargain if we extend him early.

That would be a mistake imo.  I don’t really know what you’ve seen from him that makes you think he’ll “put it together” this year.  He doesn’t have an explosive first step, he never seems to make an impact in defending the run and he doesn’t make splash plays.  He’s the definition of mediocre.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

That would be a mistake imo.  I don’t really know what you’ve seen from him that makes you think he’ll “put it together” this year.  He doesn’t have an explosive first step, he never seems to make an impact in defending the run and he doesn’t make splash plays.  He’s the definition of mediocre.

I dunno. Just a gut feeling about him. Yes, I agree he has things to work on (and he SHOULD be working on them right now). He will dominate some games and then other games I forget he's on the roster. I just think this might be the year the lights go on. And if they do and he posts 12 sacks, then we're paying 50% more than we would've to sign him now.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:18 AM, MKnight82 said:

Because he isn’t very good?

Well, Alex Smith was worth a 2nd rounder.

I would say that Preston Smith has Alex Smith potential. He's a good situational pass rusher. He's a guy I want on the team for cheap, but don't really want to invest a lot of money in, long term

Archived