aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Heads up for fellow Valhalla members.  I was just pulled over and put in the back of a squad car because my licenses plates, on a car I've owned for 4 years, were reported as stolen.

This happened because, unbeknownst be me, my plates had been swapped with stolen plates at some point in the last few days.  We suspect this happened while we at a movie theater in New Hope, but regardless, just a friendly tip to check your plates now and again to verify they are actually your plates.

Cheers

• Like 1

A 29-year-old Minnesota man died in a snowmobile accident north of Yellowstone National Park in Montana.

Park County officials say it appears the man was riding alone on the side of a hill above a creek near Cooke City before losing control of his sled. KULR-TV reports three other snowmobilers found the man Thursday face down in a creek with his snowmobile on top of him. Park County officials say they don't know when the accident occurred.

The man's name and hometown were being withheld until family members could be notified.

http://nbcmontana.com/news/local/minnesota-man-dies-in-montana-snowmobile-accident

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

A 29-year-old Minnesota man died in a snowmobile accident north of Yellowstone National Park in Montana.

Park County officials say it appears the man was riding alone on the side of a hill above a creek near Cooke City before losing control of his sled. KULR-TV reports three other snowmobilers found the man Thursday face down in a creek with his snowmobile on top of him. Park County officials say they don't know when the accident occurred.

The man's name and hometown were being withheld until family members could be notified.

http://nbcmontana.com/news/local/minnesota-man-dies-in-montana-snowmobile-accident

Darwin at its' finest.  Every winter, there always a moron on a snowmobile.  

Edited by disaacs

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well another fun storm is upon us. Thunderstorms last night, Hail this morning, flood warnings, and now a Blizzard. Gotta Love Minnesota!

@Klomp are you nearing a foot of snow yet? Sounds like it’s nasty up your way.

down here in southeast MN we have 4 inches so far but 40+ mph winds :(

23 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well another fun storm is upon us. Thunderstorms last night, Hail this morning, flood warnings, and now a Blizzard. Gotta Love Minnesota!

@Klomp are you nearing a foot of snow yet? Sounds like it’s nasty up your way.

The number I heard last night was 10 inches, which combined with 40 mph wind gusts to make things pleasant. Was still bad enough this morning to cancel most of our schools around here.