February Mock Draft / 3 QBs in the Top 5 and 4 Trades

zappa13004

The trade doesn't make sense for the Giants. If they believe they have their QBOTF at #2, they will take him there. The risk is way too high to risk someone taking the QB they want. If they trade down to just #4, it isn't for a QB.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:32 AM, zappa13004 said:

Do you think they could bypass a very good prospect at a position of need for a scheme fit ? Thats a real question i ask, you know that team better than me.

He's fine as a scheme fit. No, his movement isn't as great as others in this class (guys like Wynn, Ragnow), so there are certainly guys who are better suited, but as you suggest, not as good overall.  Still, he's good enough at it not to be a liability. Besides, what we really need the interior offensive line for is the run game, not so much the passing game given Jimmy's quick release. It's more important to be able to drive the ball into the endzone from the 2 yard line or pick up that crucial 3rd and 1, and thats where Nelson excels. We consistently struggled in short yardage situations last year due in no small part because of the interior offensive line. 

On 2/8/2018 at 12:25 PM, Smhx2519 said:

First I like the pick for the Cardinals, I see Sutton as the best receiver in this class. However as time goes by I’m not sure Philadelphia let’s Foles go. Not sure Wentz will be ready at the beginning of the season. If it happens I’m ok with it. 

yea unless they get blown away with an offer they'll just wait

I don't think at this point just a 2nd would get it done

Archived