2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Would love the Marcedes pick up.  Immediately the best blocking TE on the roster which makes him a good player to compliment Graham.  Not a huge receiving threat but gets the job done.  Should be cheap and we could use a bit more depth there.

Makes it easier to split Jimmy out wide more often when you have a guy like Lewis to stay inline.

Lewis plus an edge vet like Dumervil would make this offseason about as good as I could have ever hoped for 

1 hour ago, Blink said:

Would love the Marcedes pick up.  Immediately the best blocking TE on the roster which makes him a good player to compliment Graham.  Not a huge receiving threat but gets the job done.  Should be cheap and we could use a bit more depth there.

Makes it easier to split Jimmy out wide more often when you have a guy like Lewis to stay inline.

Lewis plus an edge vet like Dumervil would make this offseason about as good as I could have ever hoped for 

Honestly it has already met and beaten my expectations. I liked our draft, Wilkerson and Graham are the best FA pair we've had here in a long, long time. But Mercedes may just be the guy to get us over the hump in our running game. 

27 minutes ago, cooters22 said:

Honestly it has already met and beaten my expectations. I liked our draft, Wilkerson and Graham are the best FA pair we've had here in a long, long time. But Mercedes may just be the guy to get us over the hump in our running game. 

Agreed here.  With our ground game on the up swing Lewis would be a big help in being able to grind out more drives.  Lots of creative things to do with Graham and Lewis on the field at the same time too.

So pumped for the season to start

Lewis would be an excellent signing.  I think a lot of people think he's something other than what he is though. 

He's averaged 2.2 catches a game in his career.  Would love his signing, but if it would prevent us from adding a veteran WR or EDGE after June 1st cuts, or even re-signing Evans or Brooks, I wouldn't be happy with it. 

51 minutes ago, Blink said:

Agreed here.  With our ground game on the up swing Lewis would be a big help in being able to grind out more drives.  Lots of creative things to do with Graham and Lewis on the field at the same time too. So pumped for the season to start

Dont know what SD has going on for positional depth at TE - or who they snagged in this draft - but wonder if Hunter Henry going down will create any interest for Lewis?

Personally, I think Gates is through and they'll be needing a season's worth of a replacement player - which I dont think Gates has in him at this stage.

Be interesting to see how things play out.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont know what SD has going on for positional depth at TE - or who they snagged in this draft - but wonder if Hunter Henry going down will create any interest for Lewis?

Personally, I think Gates is through and they'll be needing a season's worth of a replacement player - which I dont think Gates has in him at this stage.

Be interesting to see how things play out.

Yeah, I could see them making a play on Lewis.  Hopefully if we really are interested  we could make it happen before they get involved.

I do think Gates is done as well, but could see them being tempted due to the familiarity.  As much as I like Lewis as a number two I don’t think he’s able to come in as your number one to save the season so to speak.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

To pickup the NFLs best blocking TE at this point in the game would be nothing short of a savvy move. Im all for it.

People are talking him up like he's more than that it feels like. 

Also, he's no Matthew Mulligan.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

People are talking him up like he's more than that it feels like. 

Also, he's no Matthew Mulligan.

Everything I read either states run game or blocker after his name. No one is confusing him for Graham, hell he's nowhere close to Bennett. He is on Bennett's level as a blocker though, and if you watch the Dallas game it shows just how big a blocking TE can be for the run game.

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lewis would be an excellent signing.  I think a lot of people think he's something other than what he is though. 

He's averaged 2.2 catches a game in his career.  Would love his signing, but if it would prevent us from adding a veteran WR or EDGE after June 1st cuts, or even re-signing Evans or Brooks, I wouldn't be happy with it. 

Pretty much where I'm at. No problem signing him, hope its the first of multiple signings, the others being EDGE and WR. I don't see Evans coming back, I think the team likes McCray and I think he's ready to start. 

10 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Lewis 6”6

Graham 6”7

ESB 6”5

MVS 6”5

Moore 6”3

Clark 6”6

Rodgers getting 2 basketball teams in WI this offseason

So, you're saying that Quentin Rollins is a roster lock? Somebody has to run point.

6 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

So, you're saying that Quentin Rollins is a roster lock? Somebody has to run point.

Easy. Cut Rollins. Sign NFL hopeful/Former NBA All-Star/Flag Football Sensation Nate Robinson.

Fills a need at 6th cornerback, plus can run the pick and roll.

Archived