2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

13 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Yeah, it's like a whole process (hours long) to get him physically prepared to play for a game. 

Yeah, I remember reading about this when he was still in SF I believe. Is that just too much work for the med staff or that plus that fact he probably won't hold together makes it a pass?

14 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Yeah, it's like a whole process (hours long) to get him physically prepared to play for a game. 

Is this still the case? I found a link where he says that it takes him 2 hours to prep for a game but that was from preseason 2015.  

19 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I think we saw the same thing.....yeah, he needs to get his knee worked over / loosened up - or whatever - in order to play.
He's gonna be first in line for knee replacement surgery post-career.

This Bowman thing is about coming back from the gruesome knee injury. He said he spent two hours with the trainer massaging, stretching, flexing, etc because he was coming back from his knee being destroyed. This isn't something he did pre-injury or probably now multiple years removed. Non-story.

Its not like the GB medical staff is not familiar with that type of process.  Clifton, Sitton, Lang were all in need of time and process to get ready week to week.

Would rather have it take time to get a player ready that can play and perform on gameday vs someone that takes not time or effort that sucks on game day.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

This Bowman thing is about coming back from the gruesome knee injury. He said he spent two hours with the trainer massaging, stretching, flexing, etc because he was coming back from his knee being destroyed. This isn't something he did pre-injury or probably now multiple years removed. Non-story.

It was one of the nastier looking knee injuries I've seen. His - and that running back - cant remember his name, but have the image in my head of his leg bent in the wrong direction at the knee joint. Yikes. Fact that either player came back and were (are) productive says a great deal about the medicine science involved and the player fortitude.

Holy wow, that was a lot of responses. 

I just think durability questions are there considering the injury history and age. 

We're talking about a LB that had a gruesome ACL/MCL injury AND an Achilles injury. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Holy wow, that was a lot of responses. 

I just think durability questions are there considering the injury history and age. 

We're talking about a LB that had a gruesome ACL/MCL injury AND and an Achilles injury. 

It's not an optimum situation. But neither is Greer Martini starting in the NFL.

16 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Fair enough, but we've got how much time before the season starts?

I think he'd be fine tbh.

WR Jordan Matthews was one of the vet WRs GB looked into in the offseason

Matthews chose the pats instead ....

Patriots released WR Jordan Matthews.

Matthews suffered a "significant" hamstring injury on Sunday and has been sidelined ever since. The Patriots were deciding between either releasing him or sending Matthews to I.R. and chose the former. Injuries have crippled Matthews' career, and the Patriots are again/remain in the market for a wideout.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

WR Jordan Matthews was one of the vet WRs GB looked into in the offseason

Matthews chose the pats instead ....

Patriots released WR Jordan Matthews.

Matthews suffered a "significant" hamstring injury on Sunday and has been sidelined ever since. The Patriots were deciding between either releasing him or sending Matthews to I.R. and chose the former. Injuries have crippled Matthews' career, and the Patriots are again/remain in the market for a wideout.

"Tom, say hello to Dez".

Archived