2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

On Backup QB, we're not winning through the playoffs and winning a SB without Rodgers, that's definite. 

The backup QB is about winning enough games if he's out, so that when he comes back you're still positioned to get into the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, craig said:

On Backup QB, we're not winning through the playoffs and winning a SB without Rodgers, that's definite. 

The backup QB is about winning enough games if he's out, so that when he comes back you're still positioned to get into the playoffs. 

I presume you're implying GB couldnt have won a SB because of the defense? Well the last two SB's weren't exactly defensive struggles: 41-33 Philly / 34-28 New England.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

I presume you're implying GB couldnt have won a SB because of the defense? Well the last two SB's weren't exactly defensive struggles: 41-33 Philly / 34-28 New England.

How many points did Philly give up the prior 2 weeks? Need to win those games to even get to the SB.

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

I don't have the words.

If Philly gave up 33 that just means Dom and the gang would have given up 56

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I'm just saying we're not winning through the playoffs with a backup QB. 

I'm not picking on our defense, although obviously that isn't good enough to win 3-4 straight playoff games with a backup QB on offense either.  But offensively, our TE's aren't good enough, our WR's aren't good enough, our O-line isn't good enough, our running backs aren't good enough, and MM's play calling isn't good enough to be scoring 40 points in the playoffs with a backup QB.  Given the non-greatness of our other 50 guys, we aren't going to sustain a playoff winning streak without #12 making it happen. 

A 2-game playoff winning streak will be really, really tough even with #12 driving the machine.  Without him winning 3 or 4 straight playoff games just isn't happening.  

But if he misses some regular-season games and is back for the playoffs, I'd like the backup QB to have been sufficiently anti-awful that we might still get into the playoffs and give him a chance.  

10 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Seems like we skipped over Tavon Austin. If he’s released, how would he look ok in the slot here in GB?

I would like that personally. Would prefer to sign a good receiver, but if we strike out I'm all for a nice little fast gadget player. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Seems like we skipped over Tavon Austin. If he’s released, how would he look ok in the slot here in GB?

I think the Green Bay receivers took a step back last year even when Rodgers was playing.  I don't recall much separation from defenders.  My memory recalls Adams as the bright spot.  I do think that the new GM will look external for at least one WR upgrade.  There's a decent list of FA WR that could make a difference.  I hope that a retool of the position along with a the return of Philbin will lead to a more potent air attack.  

Austin is a dynamic play maker that I think we hoped Davis could have become.  He'd be an upgrade for sure.

23 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've been off and on this site for like ten years now.  I'm not gonna change.  If it bothers people, they should block me.  It's literally that simple.  And I never said friend.  And I'd literally stop talking to my best friend if he ever called me big guy. 

I've been off and on this forum for more then 10 years, and try to talk to others as if we are sitting next to each other at a Packer game.  We are all Packer fans, I try to be respectful.  

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

I think if I knew you in person I would stop talking to you about football.  RG3?  Are you serious or are you trolling? 

I read about RG3 on Packersnet, it was on NFL spin zone.  They brought up his name, I just threw it out there.  Right now, I would be willing to look at anyone to compete with Hundley for the back up job.  Two cheap names to throw into the hat.  Honestly, I am glad we don't know each other in person.  If we where sitting next to each other at a Packer game, I would have to get up switch spots with my mother-in-law.  That's how much you impress me.

18 hours ago, jleisher said:

If we where sitting next to each other at a Packer game, I would have to get up switch spots with my mother-in-law.  That's how much you impress me.

Good.  Your mother-in-law would have better opinions about football.  I'd rather listen to her, and you don't impress me at all. 

On 2/15/2018 at 12:46 PM, JBURGE25 said:

Yeah they're old AF that's why they'd be cheap lol. I feel WAY more comfortable with Fitzpatrick coming in in the middle of the game than I do Hundley at this point. 

We've already done this with Seneca Wallace. How'd that work out?

I'd rather roll with RGIII to be honest.

28 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd rather roll with RGIII to be honest.

Just to be clear, you'd rather have a guy that 32 teams refused to add to their roster last year due to sucking, not being able to stay healthy and being a team cancer due to his delusions of grandeur? 

Why?  I need to know why.  Because you recognize his name?  What about him makes you think he would be a good option?

I've been called a lot of things for suggesting how bad an idea this is, and yet I've not once been given a legitimate explanation why somebody would want RG3. 

Having RG3 as a backup has to be the worst idea I've read on this site since people suggested Favre come out of retirement to replace Rodgers.  It's just... The idea of having the least durable QB in probably 20 years as a backup doesn't compute logically in any way whatsoever.  It's like jumping into a pool to dry off.  It doesn't compute. 

Archived