2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, skibrett15 said:

he was traded though?

that's what I mean, Rams were willing to trade him with Tru in a contract year, and Buffalo might not keep him? I get Buff's cap situation and Vontae Davis, but it is a little worrisome

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We need Rashaan Melvin, I'll sacrifice Mathieu just to get a boundary CB I like.

I know some people hate PFF, but they actually have Melvin rated at 85.7 for 2017. That's higher than Trumaine Johnson rated. Plus he's another tall CB with length. 

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm greedy .. I want Melvin and Gaines .. then go with best available defender in round one, or trade up for someone in particular.

Gaines is too short... he doesn’t fit the Wolf metrics of CBs.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Good point regarding the Indy connection. He also fits the mold of the type of CB Pettine likes in his defense.

Meaning?

I'm a little leery of Melvin and it's not that he appears to be a one-year wonder. It's that his 3-cone drill was 7.32....we have TE's with better 3-cone drill numbers FWIW...

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

that's what I mean, Rams were willing to trade him with Tru in a contract year, and Buffalo might not keep him? I get Buff's cap situation and Vontae Davis, but it is a little worrisome

Yeah he was coming off his rookie deal so also in a contract year.  I think initially their plan was to resign Tru, so they assumed they couldn't also keep gaines.

And they had a WR need so they made a move for Sammy Watkins.  he played well for buffalo last year, more than just serviceable.

The way I see it, no one has voluntarily cut him ever.  Buffalo likely would love to keep him but they have to bid for his services and he gets to decide where to play.

Just now, Kepler said:

I know some people hate PFF, but they actually have Melvin rated at 85.7 for 2017. That's higher than Trumaine Johnson rated. Plus he's another tall CB with length. 

Yes, I briefly saw a meme from PFF on my news feed a few days ago that showed a list of three higher ranked CB's than Trumaine available in this year's FA circus.  I'm not a paid member of PFF so I can't get in to find this information, but there are guys like Melvin that would help GB immediately.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Meaning?

I'm a little leery of Melvin and it's not that he appears to be a one-year wonder. It's that his 3-cone drill was 7.32....we have TE's with better 3-cone drill numbers FWIW...

Combine numbers go out the window once said player shows he capable of playing at a high level in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

Meaning?

Pettine likes Tall and aggressive. Don't think 3-cone is a factor to a player 5 years into their career. I think it's worth the risk to get him though, we've lost most of the best players so far at corner so far, he played very well as the Colts top corner last year. 

1 hour ago, Chili said:

If Tyrann Mathieu wants to be in a place where's there's a culture of winning. Then we should give whatever money we planned to give to Trumaine Johnson and have it given to him. This little dude is like a mini Polamalu. He would definitely have a Woodson-like impact for us if we land him. You know what...from that tweet, Pittsburgh would be the perfect team he's looking for.

Whats the story / history with his knee injuries? He's had two injuries / surgeries / down years right? What are the details. How long ago and severity info would come in handy.

One thing I do know is this. I don't want Davon House back.

Keeping him just invites more of the same. Nothing has changed. He has done nothing of note in his two stints here with us.

We moved on from Randall, I want to see us move on from Goodson, Hawkins, Rollins too. Blow the position group up. Hoo Rah! >:(

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

One thing I do know is this. I don't want Davon House back.

Keeping him just invites more of the same. Nothing has changed. He has done nothing of note in his two stints here with us.

We moved on from Randall, I want to see us move on from Goodson, Hawkins, Rollins too. Blow the position group up. Hoo Rah! >:(

If he wasn't injured so much last year, I wouldn't mind him having back.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

That's what I was thinking.

....also, no on Honey Badger. Too expensive.

He's already made it known he wants to get PAID. Jets will likely oblige that request with their oodles of cap space. GB has multiple areas that need shoring up and not a lot of space so yeah, don't see them getting involved there

Archived