2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

I'm trying to see the Packers' strategy here, I really am, but I just can't see it. Trading DR without at least a verbal agreement from a FA CB. Using valuable cap space by signing an aging TE. Signing a DL which isn't the biggest area of need. Help me somebody. What's the strategy here? Should I join HZ on the ledge?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm trying to see the Packers' strategy here, I really am, but I just can't see it. Trading DR without at least a verbal agreement from a FA CB. Using valuable cap space by signing an aging TE. Signing a DL which isn't the biggest area of need. Help me somebody. What's the strategy here? Should I join HZ on the ledge?

It may have very well been that the Packers thought they were close to an agreement with a CB, and then they got outbid late.  It's very possible.  And the CB market isn't dried up yet.  When it is, I'll start to panic.  Is it ideal?  Obviously not.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

They must know Herb Waters is the GOAT. That's all I can think.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

come on down!  The wind is brisk!

I'm a fan of the graham and Muhammad Wilkerson moves in a vacuum, but they don't make a ton of sense overall.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

They must be reallllllly be high on the corners in this draft to be this lax. Or they're trying to make a big move on a corner from another team. I truely don't know either.

Just now, CWood21 said:

It may have very well been that the Packers thought they were close to an agreement with a CB, and then they got outbid late.  It's very possible.  And the CB market isn't dried up yet.  When it is, I'll start to panic.  Is it ideal?  Obviously not.

Possibly a verbal trade with another team for a vet cornerback once Free Agency cools down and needs are met?

Just now, Csraverage said:

Possibly a verbal trade with another team for a vet cornerback once Free Agency cools down and needs are met?

Doubtful.  I don't see there would be any reason for either team to hold off on a trade.  If both teams agreed to the package, it would have been done already.  I think the real reason the Packers already moved Randall is because they knew he wouldn't be here long-term, and waiting for the FA dominoes to fall probably limited the number of suitors.  Strike while the iron is hot.

Am I the only one that sees like 8-10 CBs I'd still be fine with in GB? 

I think the Packers are playing the market well. 

CB market isn't dead like the S market, but there's more than a handful of good players available. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

CB market isn't dead like the S market, but there's more than a handful of good players available. 

Fine is probably the best way to put it.  I'm not pleased with the options, but it beats overpaying which is what has happened with the top CBs to sign thus far.

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

I still make a run at Kyle fuller too. 

Archived