2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

If you told me you could get James and Melvin or Cockrell while retaining House, I'd be more than fine with that. But right now we haven't done that and I don't see James making it. Really really want that pick to go to a pass rusher finally.

Well the talk/speculation is that because of the Cleveland trade GB could get inside the top 10 (pick 8 or 9) to get the guy they want because of the extra value they got. That could be James... who knows.

Plus Aaron Nagler keeps discussing how the nfl sees this as a terrible pass rusher class, which admittedly could either mean they get over drafted or not.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Old poster who used to post like that. He thought you were him. 

Ahhhhh. Nope, migrated over from Packerchatters when their owner was closing the site because of his ALT right political views. JMO though. 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Well the talk/speculation is that because of the Cleveland trade GB could get inside the top 10 (pick 8 or 9) to get the guy they want because of the extra value they got. That could be James... who knows.

Plus Aaron Nagler keeps discussing how the nfl sees this as a terrible pass rusher class, which admittedly could either mean they get over drafted or not.

I mean, I think even to the layman there's some options for pass rusher at 14 that are not too bad that could be there. I'm not gonna get too worked up because of what Nagler heard overall.

I'm not sure moving up in the 4th and 5th is jumping you 5 picks in round 1. I think a lot of people are trying to talk themselves into this off season because they don't want to believe it could have been "worse" than the part of doing jack crap with outside moves. 

I'm not impressed with it. Still holding out hope.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

If we trade up, I hope it's for Ward, not James.

This. I’m done with the making a Safety a CB. Ramsey caliber players are generational players, James isn’t Ramsey IMO. 

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Ahhhhh. Nope, migrated over from Packerchatters when their owner was closing the site because of his ALT right political views. JMO though. 

IDK why that made me bust out laughing

31 minutes ago, SSG said:

10 TDs isn’t... a catch and yardage total equal to what we got out of Richard Rogers when he was our starter is. He wasn’t even a 9 yard per catch player who had a ton of really, really unproductive games. He was almost useless when they weren’t in the red zone. 

That's the first time in his career he was below 10.5 yards per catch. I'm sure Rodgers will help bring that number up. 

Just now, Leader said:

Agree. Not a great idea IMO.

I don't have many concerns playing James in the slot. While being a hybrid player overall..I think we only tried the safety thing once. It's not like it failed a bunch. Rather look at each guy individually than getting scared of an idea that somewhat failed once instead of looking at for that specific next player. It's like being scared of FSU pass rushers like we were/are because of a guy drafted a decade or over ago.

4 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm not sure moving up in the 4th and 5th is jumping you 5 picks in round 1. I think a lot of people are trying to talk themselves into this off season because they don't want to believe it could have been "worse" than the part of doing jack crap with outside moves. 

I'm not impressed with it. Still holding out hope.

Yeah...I don't get the idea that having the first pick in the 4th round vs the 14th pick in the 4th round really does much to allow GB to use that pick to move up in the 1st round.   The difference in those 4th round picks get you a move up in round 1 by like a 1/2 of a draft slot.  So GB can now use that 4th round pick to move up to the 13.5 pick in the first.....that will get GB a difference maker!!!

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

That's the first time in his career he was below 10.5 yards per catch. I'm sure Rodgers will help bring that number up. 

Hopefully.  I personally think that a lot of his athletic ability has diminished because of a bunch of lower extremity injuries.  It’s the first year that Jordy looked like he could be having issues athletically. They are only a year apart and Graham has been banged up more.

Probably just being a pessimist but I hope I’m wrong. It’s not an opinion that isn’t shared with a lot of talking heads on the net. 

Archived