2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Good thing it's March. :P

We're already out of top tier CB talent.

We may very well miss out on the second tier CB talent.

If we go into this season with King, Tramon, House as our CB rotation and Perry, Matthews, Fackrell, Biegel, as our OLB rotation, Gute deserves to get ripped. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're already out of top tier CB talent.

We may very well miss out on the second tier CB talent.

If we go into this season with King, Tramon, House as our CB rotation and Perry, Matthews, Fackrell, Biegel, as our OLB rotation, Gute deserves to get ripped. 

Draft doesn't exist? Camp cuts don't exist? Trades don't exist? C'mon, you're better than this.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If I had to grade the pass rush/secondary it'd be pretty damn close to the bottom. 

Last year we weren't good, losing Burnett, Randall, House and Dial and replacing it with Wilkerson is not an improvement.

I understand your point of view. I'm just going to say IMO Dial is a wash, and yes, Wilkerson is an improvement to our line, and our defense. I know our DBs look baddddd, and I am concerned too, but tomorrow isn't the season opener. There is time, and a player or two will be added to the DBs. Randall was not popular in this organization. It has been reported time and time again by real sources the vets wanted him gone after chicago. The coach called him out. Point is yes we could have kept him this year, but he was never a long term plan, and we turned that into a new QB developmental project (not wasting a draft pick) and better picks for ammo to move around in the draft. I love Burnett, but we do have Josh Jones. Finally, we have a new DC. We have been drafting defensive players time and time and time again in the 1st round to no real success. Maybe, just maybe it wasn't all the players, but a really an out dated scheme that didn't take into consideration where the game is today. I just don't think we need to panic yet. There is a lot of off season left. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If that is our Rotation it either means we completely failed at drafting Corners or Edge  or we just didn't draft them at all :P

7 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Draft doesn't exist? Camp cuts don't exist? Trades don't exist? C'mon, you're better than this.

You're right. We'll add at least one, if not two in the draft. 

But we're going into the season banking on rookies when we could have gone and gotten a contributor at CB and we didn't (so far). 

This offseason is looking like a bust at the moment. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

But we're going into the season banking on rookies when we could have gone and gotten a contributor at CB and we didn't (so far). 

I'll say it again. Good thing it's March. Season doesn't even start for another 4 months. I really don't get why we all lose our **** in the friggin' spring.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Good thing the season doesn't end at the draft...

No, but at that point, almost all of the contributing talent available in Free Agency will be gone.

We should be making our trades before the draft so we can plan accordingly, and truthfully if we're making player for player trades we're blowing open holes in a roster that dones't really have any exceptional depth to be moving talent. 

I suppose we could be making trades with next year's draft picks, but that seems like something should be done before the draft.  

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I'll say it again. Good thing it's March. Season doesn't even start for another 4 months. I really don't get why we all lose our **** in the friggin' spring.

Because we don't need #3 CBs. We need #1 and #2 CBs. We're not getting a #1. We might not be getting a #2. 

There's only so much talent hitting the market each year. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think adding Graham is a good move. He is a red zone machine. An area we have struggled in. He can also open the field up for Cobb, Monty and others. We still have a great talent in Adams we locked down. I can't wait to see what Jones, and Williams do with a season under their belt. Our great OC Philbin is back in Green Bay. We also got rid of Capers, a guy who should've been fired 4 years ago for a DC who knows how to put players in position to succeed, not have a scheme that forces players into it. He also has a hell of a dline to work with. We have 12 picks in the upcoming draft, and we are drafting before 20 for the first time in a long time. Did I mention our HOF QB will be healthy and ready to play?

Point is you can spin it how you want. Either side has a legit points. I'm saying this offseason isn't over, and last I checked the Packers are not dead on arrival. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because we don't need #3 CBs. We need #1 and #2 CBs. We're not getting a #1. We might not be getting a #2. 

There's only so much talent hitting the market each year. 

Dude, relax. We've got time whether you want to believe it or not. I mean, I don't know about you but I'm not paying Trumaine Johnson that kinda money. What more did you expect? 

Archived