2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fair, you're right.

Let me rephrase to. If we go into the draft with those rotations.

I'm fine with the rotations at OLB going into the draft tbh. Pretty sure we'll find guys better than Fackrell and Biegel. It really is damn frustrating we haven't gotten a CB yet, I'm usually pretty optimistic too.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Dude, relax. We've got time whether you want to believe it or not. I mean, I don't know about you but I'm not paying Trumaine Johnson that kinda money. What more did you expect? 

What's the CB combination that makes us a better team than we were last year?

McCourty and Breaux? Is that realistic with the moves that were made?

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Counting on the draft for immediate starters at CB is risky business. Just as Packer fans. Oh wait, that's us

1st Rookie CBs have been pretty god damn good lately. I'd rather bank on that than paying what's being thrown around on the market for #1s

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We're already out of top tier CB talent.

We may very well miss out on the second tier CB talent.

If we go into this season with King, Tramon, House as our CB rotation and Perry, Matthews, Fackrell, Biegel, as our OLB rotation, Gute deserves to get ripped. 

This was basically good enough for Ted though...let's not forget how we got here. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

What's the CB combination that makes us a better team than we were last year?

McCourty and Breaux? Is that realistic with the moves that were made?

I don't have that answer but neither do you. I refuse to spazz out on March 16th.

2 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

1st Rookie CBs have been pretty god damn good lately. I'd rather bank on that than paying what's being thrown around on the market for #1s

I don't have the numbers, but there are a lot of Tra Waynes and Demarious Randalls drafted. I don't want to bet my season on it

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This was basically good enough for Ted though...let's not forget how we got here. 

Disagree. You had Randall, Rollins (pre Achilies explosion),  and Brooks added to those groups.

Plus we weren't aware of how awful Fackrell was. 

Just now, cannondale said:

I don't have the numbers, but there are a lot of Tra Waynes and Demarious Randalls drafted. I don't want to bet my season on it

Jalen Ramsey, Artie Burns, Marcus Lattimore, Marcus Peters, William Jackson (hurt his first year), Marlon Humphrey, Adoree Jackson

It's really close to a 50/50 rate lately. I'll take my chances.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Jalen Ramsey, Artie Burns, Marcus Lattimore, Marcus Peters, William Jackson (hurt his first year), Marlon Humphrey, Adoree Jackson

Denzel Ward - GB. 

I'll just put that right there.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I was thinking 50/50 too. Those are pretty sh***y odds to hitch a whole season on. Especially when you spent all your money on a TE

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

I was thinking 50/50 too. Those are pretty sh***y odds to hitch a whole season on. Especially when you spent all your money on a TE

Would rather spend 3/30 on a TE than 5/72 or 5/62 on a CB that probably isn't a true #1.

And we're not "hitching our whole season on it." The draft is one avenue. Jesus Christ.

6 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Marshon Lattimore: Great

Marlon Humphrey: Solid

Gareon Conley: IR on arrival

Tre'Davious White: Great

+++

Jalen Ramsey: Great

Eli Apple: Terrible

Vernon Hargreaves III: Mediocre

William Jackson III: Pretty Good

Artie Burns: Solid

+++

Trae Waynes: Mediocre

Kevin Johnson: Terrible

Marcus Peters: Good, Traded, Crazy

Damarious Randall: Mediocre, Traded, Pain in the ***

+++

Actually much better than I expected. 2017 killed it, though I think that was the outlier. 

Archived