2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Didn't forget him, I purposely left him off a list of CBs that can play man. 

Oh sorry. I just thought it a list of potential players. I didnt realize you'd vetted the list based on their ability to play. I'll have to take that under advisement next time. Geeeeezzzzzzz

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That was half a decade ago. By that logic we should've been afraid of Favre in his 30s.

I didnt even know about any drugs. The only thing I thought might come into play were the knee injuries.

Dont know what happened in college - but he had two down years / surgeries while in the NFL.

Wasnt alot of money though....IMO at least.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd be willing to pass on this risk with Damarious Randall and Davon House on the roster, but they aren't there. Is saving 7m worth Josh Hawkins?

Bro, I'm not saying that I wouldn't make that deal. I'd make that deal so fast heads would spin. 

I'm just playing devil's advocate as to why others might not have. 

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I think this really reaffirms that gutey is sticking hard to Wolf’s height requirements.

Well, that would be stupid .. since the guy has shown he can play at a high level in the NFL.  He's been a difference maker most of his career despite being 5'-9".  The truth is probably that the honey badger wasn't even remotely interested in playing for the Packers.

1 hour ago, strat1080 said:

I totally agree. If anything after watching that Super Bowl I thought we needed more help on offense. I'm not sure our offense could have hung with either of those teams. Could our defense really play any worse than either of those teams. There was only one punt in the entire game. For the past few years our offense just hasn't really been all that dynamic. I'm not a huge believer in needing a stud secondary. It always starts and ends with your pass rush. It doesn't matter how good your secondary is if you can't get hits on the QB. I don't really know what to believe as far as the talent level on our defense. I'm not convinced that the defense is really hurting for talent. We see guys leave and turn into good players on other teams. Over the years we have drafted a ton of guys for the defense.

It's easy to look at the SB and say "see, it's all about offense" but the Eagles don't even make it to the SB if it wasn't for their defense. 

Archived