2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Me too. The CBs who are left are muh. Fix other areas and target CB in the draft. I'm all in on Ward now. He's my only hope, even if we have to sacrifice a bunch of draft choices to move up. The Packers could sacrifice draft choices, if they sign Curry and a WR in FA. That would be my plan.

Wait....wait.........wait.

You mean there is a plan (?) plans are still possible (?) and all is not hopeless?

Well hell. I'm glad you said (and I read) that cause last night (after a dose of this place) I couldnt decide whether to go to sleep or kill myself LOL

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Wait....wait.........wait.

You mean there is a plan (?) plans are still possible (?) and all is not hopeless?

Well hell. I'm glad you said (and I read) that cause last night (after a dose of this place) I couldnt decide whether to go to sleep or kill myself LOL

That would be MY plan. I have my doubts whether Gute has a plan. Cutting DR is looking more plan-free all the time. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

That would be MY plan. I have my doubts whether Gute has a plan. Cutting DR is looking more plan-free all the time. 

Damn. You cant even play along with humor can ya? No prob. It's YOUR plan. Got it.

Damn. You'd think were chatting about something important.....but last I checked, this was a FOOTBALL forum? No prob (again). I got it.

Think we need to settle down. I think Gute did all he could to sign Melvin and others but they just chose not to come here, that's not the GM's fault. I don't want to over pay for a marginal guy either.

Teams with more cap room like the Bears just out bidded us plain in simple. We just don't have the cash to compete for top FA talent this year.

We have 12 picks and are in a great draft position for a change. I hope we take those 12 picks and draft  6 or 7 of the best prospects. This is where the scouts have to earn their money. The first 3 rounds should fix the pass rush and corner positions. The rest on the offense. No more drafting guy's for the PS.

We need difference makers and solid  starters. Quality over quantity draft.

@Packerraymond alluded to it earlier, but I like the idea of adding Curry and just attacking CB with a low price guy or two, plus the draft. Curry is a versatile pass rusher who had 47 pressures last year on 333 pass rushing snaps, just second behind Graham on Philly. Think PFF ranked him around 12 as a pass rusher last year. While he hasnt had the sack numbers the last 3 years, he had 9 in 2014 and certainly has the talent.

At around 270 lbs, he could prob play up or down in Pettine's system as well. If we landed him, it would greatly reduce our need to go EDGE immediately in the draft so we could focus on CB. 

This is probably all for not and I'm sure he'll go somewhere else,  but I need something to talk about...?

Here's some names to think about, Julius Thomas TE, Dontrelle Inman WR, Brice Butler WR, TJ. Ward S, Tre Boston S, Jeremy Lane CB, Darrelle Revis CB/move to S, Willie Young Edge, Zach Zenner RB and Mike Pouncey C/move to RG.  Give me feedback.

9 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Here's some names to think about, Julius Thomas TE, Dontrelle Inman WR, Brice Butler WR, TJ. Ward S, Tre Boston S, Jeremy Lane CB, Darrelle Revis CB/move to S, Willie Young Edge, Zach Zenner RB and Mike Pouncey C/move to RG.  Give me feedback.

Give me Brice. Guy can stretch the field.

26 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

I think it's more the fact that he shipped the starting CB for a project QB that won't pay dividends any time soon without waiting a couple days to make sure we could replace him.

Randall wasn’t staying here regardless, instead of just cutting him and getting nothing, we got some value. I was hard on Gute at first with that trade but the more we heard, the more it made sense. 

Archived