2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Put this in the wrong thread

thoughts?

It’s intriguing, and if Matthews is healthy, he’s got the size and strength to play outside also, IMO.  I just worry about the mug’s durability.  3 surgeries in one year is nothing to take lightly, and I’m sure it’s why he’s still out there to some degree.  There’s a “right” price to bring him aboard - I just don’t know what that price is.

1 hour ago, Slinky said:

Jordan Matthews wore #87 in BUF and at Vanderbilt. Imagine the outrage if he wore #87 here. Too soon. 

Who wore 87 here? That crappy wr that everyone forgot and pretended wasn't good 5 minutes after he was cut?

1 hour ago, Slinky said:

Jordan Matthews wore #87 in BUF and at Vanderbilt. Imagine the outrage if he wore #87 here. Too soon. 

Play well and all will be fine.  Play poorly, and he will be a villain.  Look at Nick Collins with #36.  

6 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Who wore 87 here? That crappy wr that everyone forgot and pretended wasn't good 5 minutes after he was cut?

Some flatlander.  Nobody likes them.

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Through his first 3 seasons, 89% of Matthews' 2,673 career yards came from the slot. 

Next year if he signs here 70% will come from the boundary.

Bookmark me. It's a lock.

22 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

oh yeah?

I just made up heard that they were going to play Mathews at FB to replace Rip, and he will line up exclusively in the backfield.

This reminds me of when we drafted Randall and I said he would play CB because that's what was reported and there was this one secret super scout who guaranteed he couldn't and wouldn't and everyone else pretty much said the same. I took a ton of hell ripping that dude. He deserved it all though. He was such a stick up his *** elitist about it.

Also, sounds like something Mac learned from Madden. That **** used to wreck.

jordan matthews was in every mock like 4 years ago or whatever. im all for it. would rather have hurns, but matthews probably a cheaper add. like taking pressure off prior to the draft so they can 100% just do what they want. i mean they can do whatever they want anyway, but you see what im getting. 

Who else do we have for slot besides Cobb?  Davis?  

Don't know how good Matthews might be.  But champions sometimes get lucky with guys.  Maybe that could be a formerly injured guy who comes back healthy proves to be a bargain.  

Packers are just so very, very weak at receiver, anybody they like and sign, I'll be optimistic.  Existing personnel are just so shaky, anybody half-decent has an opportunity to earn a lot of snaps.  And probably with a lot of snaps in Packer offense, a guy might be able to put up numbers.    I think that opportunity to gt snaps easily and top up numbers might appeal to some FA's.  

It's fact that Matthews mostly played slot.  Usage sometimes depends on roster, though.  May be that had he been on a roster starting Geronimo Allison wide and Cobb at slot, perhaps he'd have been used somewhat less inside and somewhat more outside?  May not take a perfect outside guy to win some snaps from  Geronimo Allison and Davis, since they may not be perfect either.....?

Other slot thing is that maybe MM, Gute, and Philbin are very dumb.  But perhaps they aren't all that dumb, and perhaps they are aware that Matthews played slot a lot.  If they are still interested, or *IF* hypothetically they were to sign him, it's possible that they might intelligently see ways Matthews might be useful even on a roster with Cobb?  Not sure I understand it, but they might be smarter?  

1 minute ago, craig said:

Who else do we have for slot besides Cobb?  Davis?  

Don't know how good Matthews might be.  But champions sometimes get lucky with guys.  Maybe that could be a formerly injured guy who comes back healthy proves to be a bargain.  

Packers are just so very, very weak at receiver, anybody they like and sign, I'll be optimistic.  Existing personnel are just so shaky, anybody half-decent has an opportunity to earn a lot of snaps.  And probably with a lot of snaps in Packer offense, a guy might be able to put up numbers.    I think that opportunity to gt snaps easily and top up numbers might appeal to some FA's.  

It's fact that Matthews mostly played slot.  Usage sometimes depends on roster, though.  May be that had he been on a roster starting Geronimo Allison wide and Cobb at slot, perhaps he'd have been used somewhat less inside and somewhat more outside?  May not take a perfect outside guy to win some snaps from  Geronimo Allison and Davis, since they may not be perfect either.....?

Other slot thing is that maybe MM, Gute, and Philbin are very dumb.  But perhaps they aren't all that dumb, and perhaps they are aware that Matthews played slot a lot.  If they are still interested, or *IF* hypothetically they were to sign him, it's possible that they might intelligently see ways Matthews might be useful even on a roster with Cobb?  Not sure I understand it, but they might be smarter?  

Are you actually suggesting NFL coaches are smarter than us?

/s

Archived