2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd be glad to see House back.  King, House, Williams and Rollins probably isn't even the worst corner group in the NFL. 

One would have to hope that the addition of Williams helps.

One would have to hope that the subtraction of Capers helps even more.

Add a rookie drafted with one of the first three picks in the GB draft and I'd be happy with that backfield.  Hawkins and Pipkens aren't the worst depth guys either.  And...have no idea what a Herb Waters can bring to the group as we've seen him play zero football.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, Herb Waters is literally a nobody. 

giphy.gif

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-kfc-twitter-herbs-spices-20171020-story.html

A Twitter user has earned kudos online for discovering a subtle message on KFC’s account.

The KFC account follows just 11 users; five of them are former members of the Spice Girls and the other six are men named Herb, including Green Bay Packers cornerback Herb Waters and music legend Herb Alpert. It adds up to 11 herbs and spices, part of the famous secret recipe KFC founder Colonel Harland Sanders

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'd take: King, DRC, Tramon, House, Waters as a top 5.

Eh, You have a young guy, 3 stop gaps and a developmental guy there.

I'd rather have DRC's spot go to a 1st/2nd rounder there. He gets early PT, if he can't handle it Tramon and House are there to cleanup. If he can, we have our CB pair for the next 5 years.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh, You have a young guy, 3 stop gaps and a developmental guy there.

I'd rather have DRC's spot go to a 1st/2nd rounder there. He gets early PT, if he can't handle it Tramon and House are there to cleanup. If he can, we have our CB pair for the next 5 years.

I'll take one of them too.

Or have House on retainer to sign in November

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'll take one of them too.

Or have House on retainer to sign in November

I'd just rather invest the probably 6-8m it would take to sign both House and DRC and only use half of it on one of them, take the other half and add a WR like Matthews or a S.

Tramon, House, DRC, draft pick is overkill to me.

4 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

That's fine, but look at 2016.  Eagles had trash WRs and they still asked him to play in the slot, how come?  They asked him to play in the slot despite having Agholor who played well in the slot this year.  How come?

Probably because Agholor had brick hands and they wanted a security blanket for their rookie QB.

14 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Not even being a jerk. Where does the idea he was some great asset that needs to go back to wr come from. He hadn't done anything there.. He's done more at RB. I swear that the second we did this most people made their minds this can never work and have been arguing that ever since. I can't defend that he's been hurt but he got hurt playing receiver too. He changed his body up to play RB now it's like oh just undo that. Truth be told he was molded a little bit too much like a RB since college. You can argue he won't take as many hits at reserve wr but he's also rb3 that doesn't take a trillion snaps and can be versatile while staying there and still sliding into the slot without pushing him back to that position. Mike has seemed pretty damn adamant, right or wrong, he's staying at running back. I think we can let this wish go.

My take. Monty will be more impactful as a versatile running back than moving back to receiver but most people thought it was silly to convert a wr too RB so they can't allow themselves to ponder it that's actually true. No offense Intended

We didn’t draft him to play RB. We drafted him bcuz he was an extremely talented WR in college football.  We moved him to RB as a last resort bcuz we had no choice.  He only got a shortened season’s look at WR bcuz of his rib injury.  It’s not that I don’t believe it can work.  It does work.  We’ve seen it.  It’s just that I remember why we drafted him and how good he can be there.

We’ve got Jones and Williams now at RB and we’re hurting for depth at WR.  It seems like a good time to switch him back but like you said, MM already said he’s staying at RB.  He’s had the physical makeover as you said plus the mental dynamic of the position change.

Let’s just continue to take advantage of his versatility and utilize him in multiple spots on the field.  Let’s use him in more WR sets.  

Archived