2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Calling anybody the #1 CB at this point in the year seems like a waste of time. We might not have our #1 or #2 CB on the roster yet. Denzel Ward and a healthy Breaux might push both these guys down the depth chart. (Shut up, I know I don't believe it, I'm trying to talk myself into it)

Yea to me it's wide open. I'd like to see King be able to consistently cover a No. 2 WR before we anoint him our shutdown CB. Just keep adding bodies to the mix and hope a few guys emerge.  

Saying Tray is our #1 CB right now isn’t a stretch by any means. He’s coming off a really good season and is a veteran leader in our locker room with his history in GB. Of course we all hope King shows up and puts any doubt to rest of who our #1 corner is but that’s yet to be seen and he is coming off injury. 

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea to me it's wide open. I'd like to see King be able to consistently cover a No. 2 WR before we anoint him our shutdown CB. Just keep adding bodies to the mix and hope a few guys emerge.  

He shut down plenty of good WRs, I was at the Cincinnati game and he was great vs AJ Green. They played him off and gave up the slants and hitches, but there was nothing downfied for a guy known as one of the best deep threats in the NFL. Same thing with Dez, 10 YPC similar to AJ. As the year went on and that shoulder got worse, he struggled, but what he showed vs Julio, AJ and Dez is good stuff.

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He shut down plenty of good WRs, I was at the Cincinnati game and he was great vs AJ Green. They played him off and gave up the slants and hitches, but there was nothing downfied for a guy known as one of the best deep threats in the NFL. Same thing with Dez, 10 YPC similar to AJ. As the year went on and that shoulder got worse, he struggled, but what he showed vs Julio, AJ and Dez is good stuff.

I have hope, and I know he'll be our No. 1 regardless because he's a top draft pick, but right now by the simple fact that he's a 2nd year player who played a little over half a season and didn't have a year like Lattimore or White on the field, he's more "potential" than "results" right now. 

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

How is this even arguable lol

Kevin King was PFF's 114th ranked CB last year.  While he looked ok at moments there were also times where he was beaten like a drum.  He looked  a lot more like a back up caliber CB than a #1 IMO.  We're going to need a substantial amount of improvement from the up and down rookie that we seen last year.  

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Kevin King was PFF's 114th ranked CB last year.  While he looked ok at moments there were also times where he was beaten like a drum.  He looked  a lot more like a back up caliber CB than a #1 IMO.  We're going to need a substantial amount of improvement from the up and down rookie that we seen last year.  

He looked like a rookie CB.   Some good, but a lot of question marks.  We got spoiled last year with Tre'Davious White and Marshon Lattimore.   Rookie corners aren't usually that good, that quick.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He looked like a rookie CB.   Some good, but a lot of question marks.  We got spoiled last year with Tre'Davious White and Marshon Lattimore.   Rookie corners aren't usually that good, that quick.

I'll say this though, he was a willing tackler and made some sick tackles for losses. The one vs Zeke was nice.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

PFF grades for DBs are utterly worthless. They don't watch game tape. It's arbitrary guessing.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

PFF grades for DBs are utterly worthless. They don't watch game tape. It's arbitrary guessing.

They do though...

They do their first early grades with TV tape then a second run with a22 later in the week when it comes out.

I swear I told you this before Ray. Screw you for making me defend that website twice lol

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's funny that PFF's grade is the single biggest reason people love the Williams signing but is deemed worthless when talking about King's terrible rookie season. I've probably read about Tramon Williams 2017 PFF grade 50 times on this board since he was signed O.o

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

They do though...

They do their first early grades with TV tape then a second run with a22 later in the week when it comes out.

I swear I told you this before Ray. Screw you for making me defend that website twice lol

Doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. Without the calls on the field you're still only providing educated guess as to who's responsibility is whose based on which DB looks madder at the other one when a pass is completed. 

28 minutes ago, SSG said:

It's funny that PFF's grade is the single biggest reason people love the Williams signing but is deemed worthless when talking about King's terrible rookie season. I've probably read about Tramon Williams 2017 PFF grade 50 times on this board since he was signed O.o

Need to know when to use PFF to fit your argument.;)

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Doesn't mean they know what they're talking about. Without the calls on the field you're still only providing educated guess as to who's responsibility is whose based on which DB looks madder at the other one when a pass is completed. 

Yeah it's crap. Another issue is with #2/3 corners and casual fans. They are guy like Williams or Gaines or whoever. They end up grading better than the number ones on their team and end up "top 10" then when you argue with the guys they had lighter duty they **** on you OH DID YOU WATCH EVERY SNAP??!! and that crap when it's obvious those guys aren't top ten anything and if they had to play against the big boys every snap their grades would vary wildly.

Some PFF head was saying the other day that "Tramon had easily the best year of his career last season." Yeah, wonder where the **** that came from. Oh yeah PFF, the spawn of the devil. The worst thing to happen to football since fantasy.  Then he was talking later about how bad Jake Ryan is. I couldn't help but point out he was the 18th highest grade linebacker last year. Pfffffffzzzzz ftw

I wanna burn that place to the ground

Archived