2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Wouldn't shock me so long as he's healthy. Everyone in 2014  pretty much labeled him a prototype for what the Packers want in a WR. Aaron likes him, his QB in college was Aaron's brother.

Hadn't thought about that connection. 5-star post.

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I don't think anyone got any info out of 1265 while Ted was GM. I mean, we signed Peppers and walked him through the field without anyone having any idea he was there. Agents were the only leakers on his watch, and you can't trust them.

Iirc Rapsheet reported Jordy’s ACL tear midgame. He obviously had someone inside.

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

Iirc Rapsheet reported Jordy’s ACL tear midgame. He obviously had someone inside.

Yeeeeahhh everyone knew that he was screwed. No one goes down without contact like that without tearing something... Also, I've always thought it would be a HIPAA violation for someone to leak that information without Nelson's permission (we saw this actually come up when JPP blew his hand up).

26 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Yeeeeahhh everyone knew that he was screwed. No one goes down without contact like that without tearing something... Also, I've always thought it would be a HIPAA violation for someone to leak that information without Nelson's permission (we saw this actually come up when JPP blew his hand up).

It would be. But I think there’s a way around it if it happens while being paid...unlike JPP.

You have to disclose injuries to the league right?

3 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Its a violation if they share info from an MD or medical facility and that's what Schefter got popped for with JPP.  But its not a violation for an MD to watch the film and say "he tore his ACL" . There's a couple of em doing it now via video. They aren't examining the patient or sharing medical info - they are making a highly educated guess from publicly available video.

I think the ship has sailed, so to speak, on us signing Matthews. Bummer, because I'd have liked to have him here, too, but I get the distinct sense that he failed the physical here.

I came across this article recently detailing injury woes that derailed him this past season:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-jordan-matthews-attributes-really-bad-diagnoses-to-the-eagles-medical-staff/

I wouldn't give Perry OR #14 for OBJ, much less both. Just no ty. It's not worth breaking the bank for a WR, especially one who's head isn't on the same level as his body. Just a flat no. There is no way I even want to be involved in those discussions.

1 hour ago, Gopher Trace said:

I think the ship has sailed, so to speak, on us signing Matthews. Bummer, because I'd have liked to have him here, too, but I get the distinct sense that he failed the physical here.

I came across this article recently detailing injury woes that derailed him this past season:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-jordan-matthews-attributes-really-bad-diagnoses-to-the-eagles-medical-staff/

It's pretty obvious that he can't pass a physical right now. The people reporting that he was in for a visit even said this was most likely to see how far along he was. He just had foot surgery 3 months ago.

There’s always a market for 26 year old underachievers. My guess is, our offers on the table. It’s a team friendly deal so Mathews is hesitant to sign. He’s waiting for the market to heat back up, which will require injuries that don’t happen right now.

20 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Yeah as much as I'd love Matthews as a cheap FA signing, that won't be until after the draft.

I believe it's a Jahri Evans deal. They'll look at him a month from now right around the draft and sign him for insurance that the board at WR doesn't fall the way they want. You don't take out insurance after an event, you have to do it before.

Archived