2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Cardinals aren't going to need more picks to trade up for a QB and shop Patrick Peterson.

There were rumors they were shopping him last year - it has nothing to do with their wanting ammunition to trade up for a QB. Patrick Peterson hasn't been happy playing for Arizona which is well documented going back to last year. He wants to play for a contender and doesn't feel Arizona gives him that opportunity. The Cardinals are the 4th best team in that division right now (I spose with Seattle going full rebuild) you could argue they could be 3rd but the difference between Seattle and Arizona is that Seattle already has their Franchise QB. 

Do I agree it's most likely a pipe dream? Most definitely, but looking at the contract the Packers were willing to pay Fuller on AAV and then looking at Petersons contract. You have to be interested in that possibility at the very least. You're getting an All Pro at a position of huge need that wouldn't need to be signed to a big deal as he still has 3 years remaining on his contract. 

Arizona is in rebuild mode, Peterson wants out, it makes sense for both parties involved as GB has the picks to make a deal happen and a huge need for a player at that position and Arizona needs to reload and get ready for a long rebuild as the LAR / SF have well surpassed them in that division.

Disclaimer: I'm well aware that this is more likely a dream case scenario then it will be a reality but it does have some potential to be a reality.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well the WR board sucks in FA, I have full faith in our staff to draft another stud there.

Problem being we haven't done a damn thing to improve CB or EDGE, in fact were worse at both spots so we need those picks for those positions. Still haven't gotten to OL, TE, S where our depth is meh.

You can get back to work any day now Gute.

We need to draft E.coli St. Brown.  Simply because he has the best name.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It may be time to start thinking about throwing Dallas a draft pick for Dez before they cut him next month....

I wouldn't take him for free on a vet minimum deal. Dude was a PIA when he was making trillions, can't imagine what his attitude will be when he is "underpaid"

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I wouldn't take him for free on a vet minimum deal. Dude was a PIA when he was making trillions, can't imagine what his attitude will be when he is "underpaid"

You're crazy. On that note, I'd let them cut him and see if he wants to come here. He kinda seems like he has a chance to be the **** you then guy who wants to prove it to his last team he's worth it, if even for a short period. But he doesn't run 3.9 40 so most our fans won't want him haha

At the end of the day, maybe Gute thinks  Matthews / Perry is fine for another year with a wild card in Biegel tossed in. Not saying I agree, but we do have our 2 starters, which is more than you can say for some other spots on the roster. I guess I wouldn't be totally shocked if we didn't draft an EDGE in the first two rounds.

16 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

So you'll have a Gute tattoo on your Glute?

nice.gif

I said this about TT doing stuff all the time. I'm kinda mad it never happened. That would be legendary. I'd meet him and show him my *** Forrest Gump style.

16 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Also if we trade for PP I'll tattoos Gute on my *** and post pics. Not kidding.

What's going down Mr Peterson  ?

My cheeks on this barstool

What's shaking Mr. Peterson ?

All 4 cheeks and a couple of chins

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

What's going down Mr Peterson  ?

My cheeks on this barstool

What's shaking Mr. Peterson ?

All 4 cheeks and a couple of chins

Lol. Yes. Take all my likes

You guys don't know this but last little town I lived in the started calling me Norm without anything from my online handle. Just because I would use normisms. Half the people there at happy hour in swear really didn't know my real name. Just a little one bar town. Good times.

45 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

There were rumors they were shopping him last year - it has nothing to do with their wanting ammunition to trade up for a QB. Patrick Peterson hasn't been happy playing for Arizona which is well documented going back to last year. He wants to play for a contender and doesn't feel Arizona gives him that opportunity. The Cardinals are the 4th best team in that division right now (I spose with Seattle going full rebuild) you could argue they could be 3rd but the difference between Seattle and Arizona is that Seattle already has their Franchise QB. 

Do I agree it's most likely a pipe dream? Most definitely, but looking at the contract the Packers were willing to pay Fuller on AAV and then looking at Petersons contract. You have to be interested in that possibility at the very least. You're getting an All Pro at a position of huge need that wouldn't need to be signed to a big deal as he still has 3 years remaining on his contract. 

Arizona is in rebuild mode, Peterson wants out, it makes sense for both parties involved as GB has the picks to make a deal happen and a huge need for a player at that position and Arizona needs to reload and get ready for a long rebuild as the LAR / SF have well surpassed them in that division.

Disclaimer: I'm well aware that this is more likely a dream case scenario then it will be a reality but it does have some potential to be a reality.

Its a reasonable and well- thought out post....the likelihood of it happening is another matter. I think they'd want some 2019 ammo so they can grab a QB next year while using a Bradford/Glennon for 2018. I'm also guessing they'll be picking higher next year.

Nothing wrong with a little pipe dreaming on a Friday afternoon B|

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Its a reasonable and well- thought out post....the likelihood of it happening is another matter. I think they'd want some 2019 ammo so they can grab a QB next year while using a Bradford/Glennon for 2018. I'm also guessing they'll be picking higher next year.

Nothing wrong with a little pipe dreaming on a Friday afternoon B|

Yeah who knows their plan, but I think #2 is for sale, so if you have two QBs you love if you're ARI I see no reason not to try.

I'd give up a 2nd this year and next for Peterson. Would the Giants take 15+45,46 and a 2019 1+2 for #2? Who knows, but that's the going rate to go get that QB now.

I don't blame Peterson for wanting out of there. That might be the worst team in the NFC next year.

Archived