2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sorry but Brice was the best looking rookie from the 2016 class last preseason, I remember a scout the MJS interviewed saying his film was better than 1st round DBs in the preseason. Any workout number is totally over-written by how they perform.

That quote was from his rookie season, not last year. 

And Brice was shaky... at best... during the regular season. Let's not pretend he wasn't on defense for a 1/4 of the snaps last season. 

He's a liability on back end. Closer to the LOS the better for Brice, not sure how you could argue that. 

I didn't see this in the last few pages, but I heard on the radio that Dez Bryant and Jurrah are meeting today to discuss his contract.  If Dez does get cut due to his contract is he worth the headache for a one year run to the SB?  Has he dropped too much skill due to father time?  I'm thinking pass myself, but he's a big target that would demand attention.

5 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

I didn't see this in the last few pages, but I heard on the radio that Dez Bryant and Jurrah are meeting today to discuss his contract.  If Dez does get cut due to his contract is he worth the headache for a one year run to the SB?  Has he dropped too much skill due to father time?  I'm thinking pass myself, but he's a big target that would demand attention.

He would definitely add to our red zone arsenal. I would be a pass as well because he is redundant at this point, we need speed on the outside and Dez is not helping in that area. Unless he was super cheap of course. 

11 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

While tempting, I'd rather see some guys develop in that position.  We have enough stop gaps that we will be right back in this position next year if we keep signing guys on short term prove it deals.

37 minutes ago, RedRaider said:

Pass. 

2 hours ago, RedRaider said:

By now I'm sure most know, Dez was released.

I'd say he's worth a look.  He didn't have the separation ability last year, but I would expect him to be hyper motivated to get it back and prove that Dallas made a mistake.  He also is fantastic at catching in tight quarters, which obviously works well with Rodgers accuracy.  This could be a very good pairing.

Of course, it all depends on how much money it's going to cost, but I'm not completely against the prospect.

Just now, Leader said:

I tend to doubt it as well. Besides, I dont see Dez being all too good at the scramble drills......

There's also the rumor he said I'll see ya twice a year when he walked out. Which I doubt is true. Agreed on your point. Not sure if that makes it breaks interest though I guess.

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Might as well have kept Nelson if we want Bryant all of a sudden. Jordy is a better version of him in our offense anyway.

Yeah I had this same exact thought right away

Archived