The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

44 minutes ago, N4L said:

HALLEUJAH!! 

Lets give credit where credit is due, JOHN LYNCH and KYLE SHANAHAN didn't cut the guy! They come out smelling like roses!

Not lets change that thread title! RUBEN FOSTER TO PLAY IN 2018

Or change the thread title back to "Rueben Foster arrested again." in anticipation of it's future relevance... I want sooooo much to think all of this was just a rash of bad coincidental occurrences leading back to the combine to now and that he is 100% clear, but I just can't buy it.

26 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

It wasn't her lawyer she lied to. She called 911. Police responded to call. She was injured and taken to hospital. Whatever she told police was enough for them to act. Was there another woman there? Did foster say it wss someone else who beat het up? After investigation the da decided to proceed with formal charges even though he knows she's changing her story. We can all eventually have our opinions but for now we don't know remotely enough. 

Fair, and yeah, I agree on that last part. We will never ever know what really happened. 

6 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Yes. Much more to find out about this. She reportedly flagged down a passing motorist and asked to call 911. Did she tell that person hey boyfriend just beat het up? Was she crying? Bleeding? Bruised?  Holding her ear (ruptured eardrum)? When she went to the hospital were her bruises and injuries new?  Did she tell any of her friends that he beat het up, or did she tell anyone she was getting even with him?  Did she yell anyone at the time that he wad breaking up with her? More to come for sure. 

Her statement says that Foster tried to end the relationship after he learned of the fight. In all likelihood the fight happened on the same day, so the injuries were fresh. They lived together so it's not like he wouldn't have found out for a  few days. If that was the case, then she was obviously very emotional from the fight. I don't think she was thinking clearly. 

Her statement makes it abundantly clear that she lied to the police that night. I have no doubt she was bloody and bruised or that she flagged  someone down to call 911. Those are both real, factual peices of information which I'm sure made the DA feel like they had a strong case, but she lied about how the injuries were sustained on the 911 call. 

6 hours ago, big9erfan said:

It wasn't her lawyer she lied to. She called 911. Police responded to call. She was injured and taken to hospital. Whatever she told police was enough for them to act. Was there another woman there? Did foster say it wss someone else who beat het up? After investigation the da decided to proceed with formal charges even though he knows she's changing her story. We can all eventually have our opinions but for now we don't know remotely enough. 

You're right, it wasn't her lawyer she lied to, it was the police! 

The reports that came out back in February said that ruben was very calm at the time of the incident and was fully cooperative. I'm sure he told them he didn't hit her, which is exactly what he told the niners organization, which is why they didn't cut him right away like they did Brock. 

Lynch would probably be a difficult guy to lie to. seriously. The guy has always been a straight forward person who does things with eye contact and a handshake, it's why he's so respected around the league. Perhaps Brock tried and failed to lie to Lynch which is why they wasted no time in getting rid of him. THAT was a situation where the accuser was paid off, as she simply stopped cooperating. What happened today is completely unprecedented.

I said in the news forum that this just shows how easy targets NFL players are when it comes to this stuff. Everyone automatically assumes guilt. Even now, after someone admits publically that they are actually the one who committed a crime (falsifying a police report), we have people who automatically assume she must have been paid off. It's rather disheartening to be honest. 

I do commend the woman for coming forward with the truth publicly. It must not have been very easy thing to do but it was the RIGHT thing to do. 

I can understand how Reuben might have wanted to prevent her from calling the police. He probably feels he would be accused whether or not he had done anything wrong, the appearances. It looked bad. Plus, maybe he was aware of the illegal guns and didn't want to police to probe around. So she walked out and flagged a car to call 911. 

This story is just crazy. It's made crazier by the way it was told. Getting bits of information and never the whole story allowed us to overreact to each new revelation. Is there yet another side to the story? What about the other woman?

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I can understand how Reuben might have wanted to prevent her from calling the police. He probably feels he would be accused whether or not he had done anything wrong, the appearances. It looked bad. Plus, maybe he was aware of the illegal guns and didn't want to police to probe around. So she walked out and flagged a car to call 911. 

This story is just crazy. It's made crazier by the way it was told. Getting bits of information and never the whole story allowed us to overreact to each new revelation. Is there yet another side to the story? What about the other woman?

How I take it is Foster must have been messing around with another girl and his girlfriend ended up finding out and got into a fight with her that led Foster to getting mad and possibly breaking up with her. After that who knows what happened. It is possible she was in her feelings and made up stuff to ruin Foster and just as possible he did hit her during the altercation. 

Question is, will the video be released to the public…. If there indeed is one? 

8 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

This could mean no Tremaine Edmunds or Roquan Smith tonight...I has a sad. :(

On the other hand, it is good news...hope it is all real and nothing like this happens with Foster ever again...hey, I think I just saw a pig fly! O.o

I hope that Lynch and co. have the good sense to go ahead and still draft edmunds or smith tonight, either as insurance from Foster getting into future trouble or just to replace Harold at Sam (Edmunds) or M.Smith (R.smith) at Will 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Her statement makes it abundantly clear that she lied to the police that night.... but she lied about how the injuries were sustained on the 911 call. 

I do commend the woman for coming forward with the truth publicly. 

Whoa.  Slow down there. What her statement yesterday shows is that she either lied yesterday, or back when it happened. It doesn't show which of the two is the lie. We have no idea what she told the motorist she stopped, what she told 911 (other than possibly she was worried because he had guns in the house - that's why they were able to search for and find the gun), what she told the police, what she told people at the hospital, what she might have told friends or family then or since then, whether the police have looked into the account of another fight, when that fight was alleged to have happened, what that other person says about it, or for that matter what Foster said at the time. She said he was throwing her and her things out of the house. Were her possessions out on the sidewalk or lawn? Is there is credible evidence that some other person beat her up and caused great bodily harm why haven't they arrested that other person?  There are a million things we don't know that the DA does know. After a few weeks of investigation and hearing all the statrements and digging into them they still believe he did it. So it's not nearly as easy as "now we know the "real truth" so we can just forget it all". Her new story is not likley a surprise to them because the DA said at the time he announced the charges that they were proceeding with charges and had a case even if the witness didn't cooperate.  It's fair to assume no matter how this eventually works out that it is not a clear cut case - either way. Let's wait to hear more before we start deciding which of two conflicting stories is the truth and which is a lie.

And interesting side note about these kinds of cases is what role a victim ought to have in deciding appropriate penalties. If a jury finds a guy guillty and he goes to jail but loses a very lucrative job then he might not be in a position to offer her a large financial settlement to keep the incident quiet. Should the vicitim in such cases (in general, not this one) have a say in how the offender gets punished? If she wants money instead of seeing the guy go to jail should she get what she wants? Is society harmed, or are future incidents encouraged if a rich offender is allowed to buy his way out situations like this?  These are all interesting questions about society, the crimial justice system and what justice even means in a case such as this one.

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How I take it is Foster must have been messing around with another girl and his girlfriend ended up finding out and got into a fight with her that led Foster to getting mad and possibly breaking up with her. After that who knows what happened. It is possible she was in her feelings and made up stuff to ruin Foster and just as possible he did hit her during the altercation. 

Question is, will the video be released to the public…. If there indeed is one? 

I prefer not to speculate too much as to what might have happened. I don't think I'll ever be able to fully give Foster a pass, even if he's not found guilty. If it's a false accusation, sucks for him. Nothing makes that stigma go away. There will always be a slight doubt. Truth is, we probably will never know the full story. Or rather, we will never know which version of the story is the truth. Sucks for Reuben, sucks for the victim, sucks for everyone. The lesson is: stay clean, Reuben. The great majority of the NFL's players don't get into situations like that. Make better choices.

7 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yep, he may have the 'Ray Lewis aura' hanging about for the rest of his career...was he truly guilty or not? Or somewhere in between?! O.o

Yeah, it will never really go away. An accusation is a sentence in itself, when you're a public figure. Not that their real sentence should reflect that. If Reuben is found guilty, he deserves all his time in prison, on top of the bad publicity. And honestly, even if he's not guilty, he kinda does deserve the bad publicity that comes with the accusation. He just had to be more careful, not own illegal guns, don't get arrested for possession in a state where it's not legal, and perhaps surround himself with people who won't be trouble.

Yo @jrry32 can you break this down? Does the DA really need more time and haven't reviewed the videotape yet or are trying to gather additional evidence to further their case against Foster?

This reminds me of the Billions episode from yesterday where the judge granted the prosecutor an additional week when they didn't have the evidence ready lol. 

It is pretty safe to say that we will be without Foster for at least 6 games this season regardless of the outcome.

Zeke had no police report, no charges filed, and was never arrested and STILL got 6 games.

if we lose foster for 6 games ONLY, it would be a blessing

A video that shows a portion of a fight involving two women was given to the Santa Clara County district attorney's office last week and prosecutors continue to examine it.

The video is believed to show Ennis, following a road rage-type incident in or near San Francisco, fighting with a woman. Blows are exchanged in the video and the unidentified woman appears to grab Ennis' left ear, which was the one that was ruptured.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article210143064.html

So this had nothing to do with any side chick drama just road rage? Okay then......

Archived