BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

33 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Glad to get Rankin so late. He'll be a top 50 pick most likely.

I had a debate with Taylor over this one because Rankin was probably my pick at 6.1 but with questions about his ability to stay at Tackle made me go for the HWS guy instead.

22 hours ago, TedLavie said:

R1 Grades

R2 Grades

2.1 - Orlando - Mayfield: A - I was tempted to downgrade this pick because Footsy didn't grab Rosen at 1.2 but it will come later. I like Mayfield, he's a risky pick but if he stays clean off the field, he has the tools to be a very good starter in the NFL. And Orlando obviously had to bring competition for Mahomes

2.2 - Sydney - Ridley: C+ - Trade up was fine. I'm a bit torn on Ridley. On one hand he has a very good ability to separate, but he's very unathletic for a 1st round WR. I wonder how he translates in the NFL. I liked other receivers better so not a great grade for Dingo

2.3 - Orlando - Alexander: A - There's a flurry of solid corners available in this 2nd rounder, and Footsy is the first to take one. Solid pick here, Alexander instincts and playmaking abilities are off the charts. High upside

2.4 - Gotham - McGlinchey: B - McGlinchey is a pretty safe pick here. A bit boring but solid value.

2.5 - OKC - Moore: A- - I liked that Whicker traded down from 1.14 as there was very little difference, imho, between those two picks. As for DJ Moore himself, he may be less defined than Ridley, but he has, imho, more upside. I think you should always aim for upside in BDL so I prefer that pick.

2.6 - London - Payne: A+ - Ruskie traded down, accumulating a 2019 pick in the process, and got my #12 player overall (only Davenport, who made no sense for IC, was higher). Easy A+ and a great first pick ever for Ruskie

2.7 - Berlin - Evans: B: Can't blame Rags for getting another LB, it was clearly a need. Evans has upside, I worry a bit about his instincts but he could pay ooff down the road.

2.8 - Cuba - Olliver: A - MD4L likes to use big corners, and they get the best one in the draft. Solid pick.

2.9 - Sydney - Jackson: A+ / 2.10 - Sydney - Davis: A+ - This is how you handle a draft. Dingo was in a tough spot at 1.6 after Ward was picked just in front of him, traded down where the good value of the draft was. He came out with two solid corners who are, in addition, very complimentary. 

2.11 - Rome - Davenport: A+ - Another A+. Davenport was #11 in my board and by far the BPA. Filled a need as well. This was a no brainer

2.12 - Orlando - Gesicki: D - Only thing that prevents me from giving this pick an F is that Gesicki has upside and, as I said earlier, you want to aim for upside in BDL. Plus, given the credit guys like Ertz get at the LoS, it's clear BDL voters don't care much about blocking for TEs. That's the positive. But Gesicki, imho, has huge strength deficiencies to start in the NFL, let alone in BDL. I think it's a big reach.

2.13 - Cuba - Chark: A - Chark is my favourite receiver in the draft (which doesn't say much compared to other years I'll give you that). Getting him at 2.13 is a solid get.

2.14 - Camden - Jackson: A+ - No brainer here. Camden needed a QB and Jackson has formidable upside.

2.15 - Orlando - Sweat: C- - Pretty much the same thing that for Gesicki, except he's an edge rusher, and if Footsy gets a great edge rusher at the bottom of the 2nd, it's going to be a major steal. Still, I think he would have been available later on.

2.16 - Camden - Wynn: A+ - Wynn was the last guy I had a BDL 1st round grade on available. I absolutely love him so Camden gets a A+, even though the need wasn't obvious

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

R2 Grades

2.6 - London - Payne: A+ - Ruskie traded down, accumulating a 2019 pick in the process, and got my #12 player overall (only Davenport, who made no sense for IC, was higher). Easy A+ and a great first pick ever for Ruskie

Appreciate the praise, but slightly triggered with the London reference xD

• Like 3