BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

My little brother just asked me who Jurrell Casey was.  I told him.  He's like, "Oh, cause he is paying me a lot to train his dog now."

I feel like I should trade for Casey now.

Yea bro we can work something out.

41 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Question about retirements.

If I give a guy a 3 year deal, and he retires after the season, I'm not on the hook at all for the rest of the contract, correct?

Correct. If he retired this year you would be on the hook because he was signed this year and thus locked onto your roster. However next year you could cut him.

• Like 1

First wave of signings happen soon. I will be bolding them in the spreadsheet post with all the bids. That's how you can tell someone is not open for bids anymore. (Except for BCB of course).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

My little brother just asked me who Jurrell Casey was.  I told him.  He's like, "Oh, cause he is paying me a lot to train his dog now."

I feel like I should trade for Casey now.

Casey went on a date with my ex’s cousin a couple years back... should I trade for him?

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

When you get the chance to hand out 1002/2 to Cameron Artis Payne and the corpse of Adrian Peterson, you know you have to do it.

I think @PR has handed out more 501 deals to players than any other owner in BDL history. 85% of the time you could wait for Shark Tank or Waivers.

28 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

When you get the chance to hand out 1002/2 to Cameron Artis Payne and the corpse of Adrian Peterson, you know you have to do it.

They both won a title on my bench last year though #winningbreedswinners

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Apparently Dingo decided to burn 1/4 of his cap on Vance McDonald. What's up with that? Did he lose a bet or something?

Eh I like his upside in the steelers offense (see their playoff game) plus it's nice to have insurance for Graham. 

15 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Surprised there isn't more of a market for Burton. Very high upside with Nagy in charge now.

Looks like there's gonna be a few steals too.

Go on.

I think Alshon at 7k would be a good deal. Only 27 and is a genuine no.1 receiver. 

I think Fitz for a 1 year rental at just under 5k is really good value too.

Woods and Edelman at 3k and 2.5k respectively I like as both are very good at the roles they play. 

With the exception of the Burton deal, I think the TE deals aren't amazing. 

• Like 2