BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

13 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

So assuming Kendricks goes to jail, does he still count against my roster? 

Bloody insider trading..... couldn't have had a gambling problem like a normal eagles player.

He counts double against your roster to make up for his crimes.

10 hours ago, MCoster said:

I don't remember that being a rule years ago (wasn't an issue for me, I just remember Jepg was always right at the limit though) but this isn't going to be a hill I stand on.  To me, as long as the money is accounted for, idc, just like RL. If not, whatever. 

Also, what's the deal with Jack Mewhort then? (actually he'd be a real life FA anyway so roster size doesn't matter on him)

10 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Locked is locked , unless you make up a definition where locked is unlocked.

From the 2015 Owners meeting.

19. Players with a status of Signed cannot be removed from the roster via trade, release, or any other means until the next offseason. If they are placed on IR, then they no longer count against the roster cap of 70.

10 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I think we made that rule after footsy used that loophole at some point (footsy being footsy)

Basically this. He signed like 20 players in the Shark Tank and then just kept cutting them for waivers later in the season. It amounts to Hoarding and the rule is designed to prevent that. 

10 hours ago, MCoster said:

Per SirA's word doc (which I believe i was 2013 champ?) on Roster Limits and other stuff i see may be a factor here:

"Players with a status of Signed cannot be removed from the roster via trade, release, or any other means until the next offseason. If they are placed on IR, then they no longer count against the roster cap of 70."

"If a transaction (FA/draft) puts a team over the cap, they have a very short grace period (24 hours) to cut a salary or the transaction is considered invalid"

Also the rules say FA is supposed to be 48 hours, not 24, though there's no specific Shark Tank section. 

There's a few things that need to be made clearer in the doc other than upcoming FA. I found a bunch of stuff that I was unaware of due to the move from WF.com.

From the 2016 Owner's Meeting under Free Agency (need to clarify this applies to the Shark Tank as well)

5. A team's active bids may not exceed the salary cap.

20 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

From the 2015 Owners meeting.

19. Players with a status of Signed cannot be removed from the roster via trade, release, or any other means until the next offseason. If they are placed on IR, then they no longer count against the roster cap of 70.

Thank God that's cleared up!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Basically this. He signed like 20 players in the Shark Tank and then just kept cutting them for waivers later in the season. It amounts to Hoarding and the rule is designed to prevent that. 

I would just like to say that hoarding to cut later is different than Mewhort where the guy just retired.

• Like 2

Spreadsheet is up to date btw.  All players on BDL rosters should have the right spellings (might have took off/added a Sr./Jr. or 2 if you care), position, and roster status. Still a lot of non rostered players on the free agent list but that'll be cleaned up once the 53 rosters are announced and I added/take off all those guys. 

I moved Mewhort to RL/FA, and added Did Not Report as a non-roster option instead of Dead Money (since there is no one right now). 

• Like 2