Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

They may, but there's also a known ticking clock for Buffalo to trade him or have to pay his roster bonus, so that shifts leverage back into the court of the buying team.

This is obviously just my opinion and not based off anything I've seen, but I think if the Bills can't trade Glenn by the 18th they'll keep him at LT for the season and put Dawkins back at RT. The difference of his cap hit being $14mil and a dead cap of $11mil isn't big enough for the Bills to move on unless a deal blows them away.

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

If this happens....

Jesus.  Suh to LAC addresses their #1 need to turn that D into an elite unit, they are already on the cusp (that and better off-ball LB play, but I thought Jatavious Brown was suited to the 4-3 WILL, maybe he needed a learning curve year..now they could go top LB on the board).  

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is obviously just my opinion and not based off anything I've seen, but I think if the Bills can't trade Glenn by the 18th they'll keep him at LT for the season and put Dawkins back at RT. The difference of his cap hit being $14mil and a dead cap of $11mil isn't big enough for the Bills to move on unless a deal blows them away.

And I'd say your opinion is pretty close to fact.  I'm not saying that they are absolutely going to trade him, but if they enter into trade talks with another team over Glenn, that other teams will (in the interest of getting the best deal), probably drag their heels until as close to the 18th as possible (while also probably working the phones and agents elsewhere) in order to try to give themselves more leverage in trade discussions with the Bills.  It makes no sense for the Bills to pay Glenn's roster bonus and then trade him, as they'd be getting no cap-relief whatsoever thanks to dead money hits - unless they were getting a massive return on him.

My opinion is that the other teams are looking at this as (likely) what it is: The Bills trying to get more ammo to move up for a QB.

Archived