Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Remember when Miami was lambasted for letting Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, and Charles Clay walk?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Pepperidge Farm must be getting senile, no one blamed them for letting Vernon walk.

8 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Tavon Austin can be yours for a bag of chips.

Funny, I can remember when the Rams (then of St. Louis, guided by those masterminds, Les Snead and Jeff Fisher) traded P to draft Tavon at, what, #8 in the first, clamoring that the Rams had found their "playmaker" for Sam Bradford:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1617200-st-louis-rams-2013-draft-picks-results-analysis-and-grades

Round 1, Pick 8: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

1 OF 7

The St. Louis Rams traded their No. 16, No. 46, No. 78 and and No. 222 picks for the Buffalo Bills’ No. 8 and No. 71 selections and the right to select West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin.

A bold move like that was mainly necessitated by two things:  the Rams’ need for proven production at the wide receiver position and the buzz surrounding Austin and the New York Jets, who picked at No. 9. St. Louis paid for the ability to choose him, but that means they should have a clear plan in mind to utilize his skills.

Given that the alternative first-round wide receivers all have more to prove than Austin does, the aggressive maneuver has to look good for Jeff Fisher and Les Snead. They were able to get a favorable third-round swap, but the lack of a second-round pick for a roster with so many holes is risky.

The biggest concern about Austin coming into the league is due to his ability to stay healthy at 5’8”, 174 pounds—despite never never missing a practice in college. He’s a difference-maker on offense for a team that has sorely needed one for a long time.

St. Louis hasn’t had a 700-yard receiver since Torry Holt in 2008.

Grade: A

"It not, you know, da size uh da frog in da fight, but, da size uh da FROG in da POND-! Whatever dat thing dey be sayin'..."

Image result for tavon austin

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Chiefs GM all but said Albert Wilson will be a Bear.  When asked about him, his response was, “Well, Matt [Nagy] went to Chicago.”

Since the Chiefs got hit with the loss of draft pick for Maclin leaving Philly, I hope there's some investigation if this is the case.

9 hours ago, showtime said:

Kirk Cousins is good, but I would be so angry if my favorite team signed him to a deal that is being reported.  $100 million.  Lol.

Is that the guarantees? Because if it is just the number over 4-5 years,  that's pretty much market value to the whole position. Not saying he is worth that $ but if he isn't then there are several QBs that are well-overpaid that are about as good as he is

10 hours ago, showtime said:

Kirk Cousins is good, but I would be so angry if my favorite team signed him to a deal that is being reported.  $100 million.  Lol.

Looking at contract numbers past anything but % of salary cap per year is essentially useless. Stop falling for it.

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is that the guarantees? Because if it is just the number over 4-5 years,  that's pretty much market value to the whole position. Not saying he is worth that $ but if he isn't then there are several QBs that are well-overpaid that are about as good as he is

Even over 5 years that isn't market value. JG just got 27.5M a year without even touching FA.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I said the whole position not necessarily him. Just seems like even average QBs are given 20m a year

Yea, because the difference in impact between an average QB and a replacement-level one is greater than that between an elite and replacement-level one at any other spot. 

Archived