Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

6 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Looking at contract numbers past anything but % of salary cap per year is essentially useless. Stop falling for it.

Um, I was posting about something I saw on television and Twitter yesterday where people were saying Kirk Cousins could potentially demand $100 million guaranteed.

9 hours ago, tom cody said:

So many teams in need of a guy like Cousins, he'll def get paid by some team this year. 

Issue is cousins isn't better than average. Do what are you getting for that investment. Is average worth 100 min? Maybe but imho no its not. Avoid cousins.  And I live in cleveland who is do Desparate money no issue. Just pay anyone anything to not be the worst of all time

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Um, I was posting about something I saw on television and Twitter yesterday where people were saying Kirk Cousins could potentially demand $100 million guaranteed.

Not outrageous. QBs don't get cut. Besides Kaepernick, who everyone knew had a fake money/prove it deal, what big money QB has been cut?

Extremely likely he gets all the $ in his contract.

15 hours ago, showtime said:

This whole thing with Kirk is getting out of control. He has to love the fact he got franchised some to get paid a premium and won't lose a dime. High risk but he is cashing in on the reward. I was fine with us pursuing him and was hoping we would during the season but 100m guaranteed is too much

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

This whole thing with Kirk is getting out of control. He has to love the fact he got franchised some to get paid a premium and won't lose a dime. High risk but he is cashing in on the reward. I was fine with us pursuing him and was hoping we would during the season but 100m guaranteed is too much

Agreed.  That's one of the reasons why I think the Jags made the right move staying with Bortles.

Archived