Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles are expected to release DE Vinny Curry.

Rapoport added a caveat, saying the Eagles are "attempting to restructure and redo his deal," but it will "take a lot of work." The Eagles will likely release him to clear up cap room as Curry was due $9 million this year. Coming off a season where he registered just 2.5 sacks while reportedly playing through an MCL injury, it wouldn't be a surprise. Even if Curry is released, the Eagles still boast a solid group of defensive ends with Brandon Graham, Chris Long and first-rounder Derek Barnett

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles are trying to keep DE Vinny Curry at a different salary.

Rapoport added, "Teams are also interested in potentially trading for him." After reporting it was a done deal, it looks like Curry will either restructure his contract with the Eagles or be traded. If both sides can't agree on a contract restructuring, he will likely be cut to clear cap space for the Eagles.

Both Bears starting CBs are free agents. Fangio tends to get the best out of that position, but they kind of have to bring back Fuller right? 

The type of deal and the amount of years Robinson receives will be interesting. Very good talent that is coming off an ACL injury. Maybe something around three years 36-40 million? 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Both Bears starting CBs are free agents. Fangio tends to get the best out of that position, but they kind of have to bring back Fuller right? 

Pretty much every CB with starting experience is a potential target for the Texans, and I expect Kyle Fuller to be no different. I give EJ Gaines the inside track, as Brian Gaine once oversaw trading for Gaine as part of the Sammy Watkins trade, but I expect more than JUST Gaine as an addition. 

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The type of deal and the amount of years Robinson receives will be interesting. Very good talent that is coming off an ACL injury. Maybe something around three years 36-40 million?

I see Robinson going the Alshon Jeffrey route - going to a team on a one year "prove it" deal, and getting an extension midway through the season if he plays up to his potential (his potential being a fringe top 10 talent). 

Crazy money? Pair him up with Larry Fitzgerald to carry the mantle once Fitz is done.

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I would assume or McCarron. I would guess they draft a QB as well.

I agree - I think the Glennon/Trubisky model from last season will carry over to a few guys (McCarron, Bridgewater and Bradford are sure-fire to follow this path, Keenum might be given a year to prove his worth before a younger body is brought in).

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I agree - I think the Glennon/Trubisky model from last season will carry over to a few guys (McCarron, Bridgewater and Bradford are sure-fire to follow this path, Keenum might be given a year to prove his worth before a younger body is brought in).

I think Keenum may end up seeing more than what Glennon was paid, at least from a guaranteed money standpoint. I could see Teddy getting a similar contract to Glennon. Not sure about Bradford, but for some reason I see Cleveland Browns or NY Jets written all over him (stop gap).

Archived