Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

4 hours ago, Forge said:

There is nobody who has maximized his value better as an NFL player than Kirk Cousins if that is the deal he gets. 

Kudos to Cousins.

Here's what Andrew Brandt wrote about Larry Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald’s fortune

"News came this week that the Larry Fitzgerald will continue his majestic career with the Cardinals. Fitzgerald will make $11 million this season, adding to career earnings mark that makes him the second-highest earning non-quarterback in NFL history (Julius Peppers is just ahead of him). Kudos to Fitzgerald who has mastered the financial side of the game due to good fortune from the previous CBA, elite representation from the late Eugene Parker and sustained on-field excellence.

He and agent Parker negotiated not one, not two, but three record-setting wide-receiver contracts that became the standard for the position. With present career earnings of $151 million entering another season, Fitzgerald has now ensured total career earnings of at least $162 million. For comparison purposes, perennial all-start receiver Andre Johnson, the third pick in the 2003 draft, had career earnings of $106 million, $56 million below Fitzgerald, who was drafted a year later. Even Fitzgerald’s fellow University of Pittsburgh graduate Darrelle Revis, thought to be a contract savant, has career earnings (likely exhausted) of $124 million, almost $40 million below that of Fitzgerald’s. 

Fitzgerald will certainly be part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but is also a first ballot member of the NFL business Hall of Fame "

6 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Does that mean Pugh is free?

Pretty much. The Giants have far too many needs to hand out 2 big free-agent contracts to guards. If the Jags want Pugh, he's out there. Versatile and effective blocker with past injuries. I suppose Coughlin thinks highly of him.

2 minutes ago, bzane said:

Pretty much. The Giants have far too many needs to hand out 2 big free-agent contracts to guards. If the Jags want Pugh, he's out there. Versatile and effective blocker with past injuries. I suppose Coughlin thinks highly of him.

He’s played some OT in the past, correct? Is he better suited at G?

Pugh is possibly the most versatile lineman in the entire league. He can and has played every spot but center and does a pretty good job. His best position is LG. He's good, not great, at just about every spot and the one real big negative on him is his durability. He hasnt played a full 16 games since his rookie year. He has a history of concussions. 

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Fully guaranteed...WOW

Remember a month ago when I said cousins would get a 30 mil type .

what kills me is redskins fans defended this dude , and expect us to sign him long term . Even had we resigned him in 2015, he would of just asked for more than what is it now by 2019.

Dudes about money he isn't elite at all. I feel bad for anyone who signs him and expects him to be a prime time player.

He has declined every year and the excuse been piling up . 

Decent to good player but very overrated .

Archived