Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

I'm so tired of the 'the league hates us' narrative 

'The league' doesn't care if you sign a washed up TE who is constantly injured and who is drawing little interest from other teams. 

Your reading comp needs some brushing up. When did I say the league hates us? That was an assumption that is making you look like an...well you know. Graham scored 10 TDs last year and had over 900 yards the year before...all while being a horrible fit in SEA. Graham is past his prime...but are you really willing to wager that he wouldn’t be a pro bowl back with Brees? That’s a bet you’d lose. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm so tired of the 'the league hates us' narrative 

'The league' doesn't care if you sign a washed up TE who is constantly injured and who is drawing little interest from other teams. 

How'd you get this from his statement? 

8 hours ago, marky mark said:

He should retire tbh. Too many concussions.

Speculation:

The Rams visit might just be to nudge some ongoing negotiations with other CBs.

The Browns visit might just be a favor from his front office pals formerly from Green Bay. ( Dorsey/ Wolf)

Shields is probably still a talented CB, but he's one more concussion away from retirement. He will have been out of football for 2 years when the 2018 season begins - but he's had 5 confirmed concussions in his career. And the 2 in close proximity are what forced him out in September 2016. The 2nd one was a relatively "minor" hit, but the effects lasted for many months afterward per his recent comments. He was injured in September 2016 and still hadn't cleared the NFL concussion protocol as of Jan. 2017. That's nasty

Will an NFL MD sign off on his return ?

On 2/15/2018 at 11:36 AM, BucShot said:

The Giants love Josh Rosen. There is some debate as to whether to give Eli one last hurrah and take Barkley though. They will select 1 of those 2 players.

Well, it could also be a ruse to get Cleveland to pass on Darnold, who they may really want or else they take Barkley if Cleveland drafts Darnold.

Never believe anything a team says at this time of the season. It is all game playing to confuse your opponents into making a blunder that you can benefit by.

18 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

Well, it could also be a ruse to get Cleveland to pass on Darnold, who they may really want or else they take Barkley if Cleveland drafts Darnold.

Never believe anything a team says at this time of the season. It is all game playing to confuse your opponents into making a blunder that you can benefit by.

IMO the NYGs would be fools not to nab the QB of their liking this year. Cant say I pay any attention to where they've been drafting as a matter of course - but its clear that Eli's tank is about empty and they may not get this opportunity anytime soon. Unless - David Webb lights their fire. Dont know anything about him myself.

18 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

As long as it's not the Vikings...

I doubt it was. If you lose out on Kirk, it just makes more sense to bring back two of the three you had last season rather than trade for Foles imo.

Archived