Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

9 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He’s played some OT in the past, correct? Is he better suited at G?

@KhanYouDigIt- Yes, he's a very good guard, but passable at right tackle. Pugh was a left tackle in college, at Syracuse, and a decent "foot athlete" for the position, at least at the college level. He lacked the necessary length for left tackle in the NFL, and was converted (I believe that was the plan by the Giants all along, in the manner of Zack Martin with the Cowboys) successfully to left guard. When he has been healthy he's been an effective guard. Can play either tackle as a fill-in but not someone you'd want starting at OT for long stretches. If he can stay healthy for the Jags he would be a good pick-up. Reputedly a good teammate and locker-room guy, also. Good signing if you guys pull it off.

7 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Remember a month ago when I said cousins would get a 30 mil type .

what kills me is redskins fans defended this dude , and expect us to sign him long term . Even had we resigned him in 2015, he would of just asked for more than what is it now by 2019.

Dudes about money he isn't elite at all. I feel bad for anyone who signs him and expects him to be a prime time player.

He has declined every year and the excuse been piling up . 

Decent to good player but very overrated .

Nothin wrong with a dude tryin to get paid.  The problem was with the Redskins front office not Cousins.  

22 hours ago, Forge said:

There is nobody who has maximized his value better as an NFL player than Kirk Cousins if that is the deal he gets. 

I have been saying he would get between 30 and 40 million a year guaranteed, but I suspected a 5 year deal, which it could still turn out to be!!!

Cousins has some alarming stats, that would make me stay clear of him @30M per.

overall record, his record vs facing teams above .500, etc.

These stats are directly correlated to putting a team on your back & winning.

He NEVER won a playoff game & is commanding Rodgers money.

It's why the Redskins made the trade they did & why if I were the Jets, minny or Denver? I would look elsewhere in FA or the draft.

Heck, Bortles, keenum, Marrioti & Foles can at least say one time in their life?

That they won a big game when it really mattered.

Cousins, not so much.

Cousins should wear a sign on his back during these interviews... "BUYER BEWARE"

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's why the Redskins made the trade they did & why if I were the Jets, minny or Denver? I would look elsewhere in FA or the draft.

Heck, Bortles, keenum, Marrioti & Foles can at least say one time in their life?

Cousins, not so much.

Cousins should wear a sign on his back during these interviews... "BUYER BEWARE"

He's demanding Jimmy G. money. Rodgers demands will soon surpass everyone's. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Cousins, not so much.

Lol I swear you're like a jilted bride at this point.  

12 hours ago, bzane said:

@KhanYouDigIt- Yes, he's a very good guard, but passable at right tackle. Pugh was a left tackle in college, at Syracuse, and a decent "foot athlete" for the position, at least at the college level. He lacked the necessary length for left tackle in the NFL, and was converted (I believe that was the plan by the Giants all along, in the manner of Zack Martin with the Cowboys) successfully to left guard. When he has been healthy he's been an effective guard. Can play either tackle as a fill-in but not someone you'd want starting at OT for long stretches. If he can stay healthy for the Jags he would be a good pick-up. Reputedly a good teammate and locker-room guy, also. Good signing if you guys pull it off.

He just makes too much sense for us. Connection with Marrone/Coughlin etc. We have a need for interior OL help (and he is versatile which is important). I hope he's a main target, especially if ARob isn't retained and $$$ is open for him.

Archived