Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

14 hours ago, BAConrad said:

So new rule now seems to basically be that any big name players become available on the trading block, Rams automatically are the "most logical and realistic" team.

Lol LA fans. Im legit happy for yall. I like your team (Im not as high on Goff as some as in i dont believe he will be a top 5 player, but top 10). But their team is just a lot like mine in that Roseman and Snead are both like-minded GMs who also happen to be two of the best in the NFL at their jobs. Same with McVay and Pederson. Their coaching styles are a bit different. But really no coach is like Doug, tbh. He doesnt have his own "offense" or scheme that he implements and sticks to. His philosophy, which is genius btw and should be emulated by every up and coming offensive coach, is to never be married to any scheme. He runs as many as 5 different blocking schemes a game in his rushing plays, he will let his QBs and coaches come to hik with ideas and will run the best ones regardless of whether or not its "his". McVay, though I cant say too much on because Im not super familiar with his offense. If any Rams fans could explain id be interested to kno

There it is!  There's where the Eagle fan makes it about him!

16 hours ago, BAConrad said:

So new rule now seems to basically be that any big name players become available on the trading block, Rams automatically are the "most logical and realistic" team.

Not just them. The 49ers have basically been rumored to be a logical landing point for all the same people as well (with the exception of Suh). OBJ? 49ers and Rams have both been mentioned (obviously other teams as well). Gronk? Rams / 49ers mentioned.  Marcus Peters? Rams / 49ers. Talib? Rams acquired him, rumor was the 49ers had a deal for him in place. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not just them. The 49ers have basically been rumored to be a logical landing point for all the same people as well (with the exception of Suh). OBJ? 49ers and Rams have both been mentioned (obviously other teams as well). Gronk? Rams / 49ers mentioned.  Marcus Peters? Rams / 49ers. Talib? Rams acquired him, rumor was the 49ers had a deal for him in place. 

We were also linked to guys like Johnson/Robinson/etc and ended up with none of them lol.

Talib is different obviously since the team had legit interest in him and had a deal in place before he told them he wouldn't report if we traded for him. 

23 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams give Gronk the 23rd pick and dominate. I’m dead serious. 

If the Rams traded their first round pick for a soon-to-be 29 year old tight end who is extremely injury prone, then they would be a dumb team.

Assuming Goff continues to progress, there is no reason the Rams should be rushing to win a championship.  They have a huge window.  Seahawks were in a better position and a better team when they traded a 1st for Graham, who didn't have the injury concerns or retirement potential that Gronk would bring, and look what it got them.  Gronk is clearly better than Graham, yet I think the Rams trading a 1st for Gronk would be a lot worse than when the Seahawks traded a 1st for Graham.  

I don't think I would trade a 2nd for him either.  You'd be taking a gamble that he would A) commit to football long-term and B) wouldn't continue to get injured.  No reason the Rams should see their window as being so limited that the gamble is worth the risk.  

23 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams give Gronk the 23rd pick and dominate. I’m dead serious. I don’t know how interested the Rams are but I know that the Rams were interested in Eifert before he resigned with the Bengals and McVay loves to use 2 tight ends sets in which the tight end position is a big factor in his scheme. Think of Reed and Davis in Washington when McVay was there. Gronk plus Everett could be perfect. Maybe the Rams could trade Higbee and get a late pick for him. Then the Rams wouldnt have to pursue OBJ and Gronk would be a lot cheaper. Plus if Gronk wants Hollywood then there is no place like LA.

I haven't thought of that, but in Gronk's case, it does make some sense.  At this point, he is probably starting to think hard about what he will do after football.  I think he would make an awesome action movie star!

30 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

If the Rams traded their first round pick for a soon-to-be 29 year old tight end who is extremely injury prone, then they would be a dumb team.

Assuming Goff continues to progress, there is no reason the Rams should be rushing to win a championship.  They have a huge window.  Seahawks were in a better position and a better team when they traded a 1st for Graham, who didn't have the injury concerns or retirement potential that Gronk would bring, and look what it got them.  Gronk is clearly better than Graham, yet I think the Rams trading a 1st for Gronk would be a lot worse than when the Seahawks traded a 1st for Graham.  

I don't think I would trade a 2nd for him either.  You'd be taking a gamble that he would A) commit to football long-term and B) wouldn't continue to get injured.  No reason the Rams should see their window as being so limited that the gamble is worth the risk.  

Injury concerns aside, there seems to be serious doubt he plays for much longer. He may play what another season? Possibly two more? Would you want to give up a 1st for that?

18 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Patrick Peterson, #15 and a third for #4.  Who says no?

As a Browns fan, I'd do this. It works out great for both teams. The Cardinals need to do a mini rebuild and shed some cap space. Patrick Peterson is still good, but he's eating a large portion of that cap up right now.

Then we could trade #15, #33, and the 3rd we get from you guys for Odell Beckham.

Image result for andy dwyer gif

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Injury concerns aside, there seems to be serious doubt he plays for much longer. He may play what another season? Possibly two more? Would you want to give up a 1st for that?

The Rams want to win now while they aren’t comprising their future. Go look at their cap situation and future draft assets. If the Ram just give up the 23rd pick, what’s the harm? The Rams needs are what? Linebackers (whom in Wade scheme he don’t put a high premium on them) and interior oline (which you can find very good guards and centers in the later rounds). Plus the Rams aren’t drafting starting oline guys, because their guys are all returning. They are drafting for depth/development. So hypothetically, what if the Rams draft OG Wynn? He could beat out Brown at RG. There is also a chance he doesn’t and is on the bench unless injury happen. The Rams started all five oline guys the entire season in 2017 except Week 17 when they rested most their starters. So would you have your 1st round pick Wynn on the bench most the season or Gronk dominating? I’ll take Gronk all day.

I think the Rams front management is smart. Again I keep saying, GM Snead has always been agressive in trades since he stepped in as Rams GM in 2012. It hasn’t hurt the Rams in terms of setting them back. If the Rams go Gronk then I trust Snead and McVay understand the short term and long term ramifications. Having a talented vet like Gronk on the field will help a young Goff just like Gonzalez helped a young Ryan in Atlanta. Snead was in the front office with Dimitroff when that happened. Plus the TE is very important in McVay scheme. So again having possibly Gronk pairing with Everett will be very dangerous.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

As a Browns fan, I'd do this. It works out great for both teams. The Cardinals need to do a mini rebuild and shed some cap space. Patrick Peterson is still good, but he's eating a large portion of that cap up right now.

Then we could trade #15, #33, and the 3rd we get from you guys for Odell Beckham.

Image result for andy dwyer gif

Peterson’s deal wouldn’t have anything to do with it.  His cap hits the next three years are 14, 11 and 13.  That’s nothing given his age and caliber of player.

The Cards have over 80 mil in cap space for 2019-20’ and that’s including at 20 mil cap hit for Bradford that can be declined.  

I would do it if Mayfield or Allen slips to #4 but I don’t think Keim has the stones to move up.

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

LA might be the one place where Gronk plays longer than he otherwise would for obvious reasons. I'd certainly consider it. Especially if Gronk would commit to me to playing out his contract (barring a career-ending injury). Yep, he's injury prone, but he's also Gronk.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LA might be the one place where Gronk plays longer than he otherwise would for obvious reasons. I'd certainly consider it. Especially if Gronk would commit to me to playing out his contract (barring a career-ending injury). Yep, he's injury prone, but he's also Gronk.

Eh, I would still be hesitant.  Lets say Gronk did keep his word and promised (for the sake of discussion) to play 4 or whatever years with the Rams.  He's going to be 30 years old before the 2019 season.  How comfortable do you feel that he will continue to be able to overcome the injuries at that age as he has so far?  He's not on that Bob Sanders level of injury-proneness, but he's probably worse off than Westbrook was and Westbrook couldn't recover like he did as he got older.  If I felt there was a good chance Gronk could still play 4+ more years at a high level and stay relatively healthy, I'd be all for the trade if I were a Rams fan.  But I don't see that being the case.

And IMO, I don't see why the Rams would want to take that risk.  Especially if it was going to cost them a 1st round pick.  The 3 most important players on the team (Goff, Gurley, Donald) are all young (although, on second glance, I forgot Donald spent 4 years in college and is already 26), and Peters is 25.  When you have a young core like that, you will always have a chance.  

This is all for naught anyway because I can't see it happening.  And it would be one of those things where you really couldn't judge until years after.  I could be wrong and Gronk stays healthy and continues to be an All-Pro for years.  But I don't know if it is a gamble I'd be willing to take on the Rams end, personally.

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Eh, I would still be hesitant.  Lets say Gronk did keep his word and promised (for the sake of discussion) to play 4 or whatever years with the Rams.  He's going to be 30 years old before the 2019 season.  How comfortable do you feel that he will continue to be able to overcome the injuries at that age as he has so far?  He's not on that Bob Sanders level of injury-proneness, but he's probably worse off than Westbrook was and Westbrook couldn't recover like he did as he got older.  If I felt there was a good chance Gronk could still play 4+ more years at a high level and stay relatively healthy, I'd be all for the trade if I were a Rams fan.  But I don't see that being the case.

And IMO, I don't see why the Rams would want to take that risk.  Especially if it was going to cost them a 1st round pick.  The 3 most important players on the team (Goff, Gurley, Donald) are all young (although, on second glance, I forgot Donald spent 4 years in college and is already 26), and Peters is 25.  When you have a young core like that, you will always have a chance.  

This is all for naught anyway because I can't see it happening.  And it would be one of those things where you really couldn't judge until years after.  I could be wrong and Gronk stays healthy and continues to be an All-Pro for years.  But I don't know if it is a gamble I'd be willing to take on the Rams end, personally.

I'd be tempted. Then again, I'm also very tempted to just trade down and draft Dallas Goedert. I think he's a Travis Kelce clone.

Archived