The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Here is what Phil and LAR did.

Pay big price (draft pick wise) to get potential franchise QB
Have average/progression season
Year two spend big in free agency to fill holes and depth.

Buffalo is in the exact position to do just this with their current draft capital and currently 97mil in cap space for next season. 

@soflbillsfan I don't know how you can say that is too much when the Bills would still have 6 picks after taking a QB in this years draft and 7 next year before compensatory. 

That is a huge factor that plays in our favor. Couple that with a cheap rookie QB contract going forward.

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Rumours are circulating again that the Bills are trying to get into the top 10.I think the Bills want to do something similar to what Philly did when they made two trades to get up to pick 2 for Wentz.

Here is a scenario I created to show how realistic it is.

Bills trade pick 21 and 22 (1580 points) to Tampa Bay for pick 7 and 108 (1578)

Bills trade pick 7, 53 2019 1st (2670) to NYG for pick 2 (2600).

Bucs get two first round picks and only gave up a 4th to do so. They can add to blue chip players.

NYG move down only 5 spots and pick up another 2nd and a future first in the process.

Bills end up with:
Round 1 pick 2
Round 2 pick 56
Round 3 pick 96
Round 4 pick 108
Round 4 pick 121
Round 5 pick 158
Round 5 pick 166

In 2019 they would not have a first round pick, but they currently have a 2nd, 3rd, two 4ths, a 5th, a 6th and a 7th and will likely get at least one, probably 2 compensatory picks. 

Thoughts?

It's a unnecessary, stupid gamble to deal our 2019 1st.. We have enough capital to move up without that pick involved.

Pick 21, 22, 2nd round, Eagles 3rd round, 2019 2nd round type package is plenty enough 

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It's a unnecessary, stupid gamble to deal our 2019 1st.. We have enough capital to move up without that pick involved.

Pick 21, 22, 2nd round, Eagles 3rd round, 2019 2nd round type package is plenty enough 

That puts Buffalo in between pick 4 and 3 assuming the recipient values next years 2nd as a second and not a 3rd round pick. 

I would hardly call that "plenty enough"

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

That puts Buffalo in between pick 4 and 3 assuming the recipient values next years 2nd as a second and not a 3rd round pick. 

I would hardly call that "plenty enough"

I don't see Giants dealing out anyways. Eli is in twilight of his career, it's time for them to draft the next franchise QB and sit for a year

Realistically were still a 6-7 win team right now especially with growing pains from whoever we draft at QB. I'm gonna be pissed if we deal our 2019 but I highly doubt we will.

7 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

That is a huge factor that plays in our favor. Couple that with a cheap rookie QB contract going forward.

This is looking more and more like what's going to happen. And I for one look forward to having Carson Wentz 2.0 as QB next season. 

22 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I don't see Giants dealing out anyways. Eli is in twilight of his career, it's time for them to draft the next franchise QB and sit for a year

Realistically were still a 6-7 win team right now especially with growing pains from whoever we draft at QB. I'm gonna be pissed if we deal our 2019 but I highly doubt we will.

I agree but most of the talk sounds like they're sticking with Eli and aren't in a hurry to draft a QB. Seems like a terrible decision based on their position but who knows. 

40 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This is looking more and more like what's going to happen. And I for one look forward to having Carson Wentz 2.0 as QB next season. 

Whose Wentz 2.0 ? Rosen or Allen ?

Josh Allen reminds me a bit of Wentz 

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Whose Wentz 2.0 ? Rosen or Allen ?

Josh Allen reminds me a bit of Wentz 

I just meant boss *** MVP type QB. I don't care which one. Rosen would be my choice if I was GM though, homie can throw a football. 

19 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Most teams did it ahead of time.

When the Eagles did it they said they didn't care who LAR took because they liked both QB's.

To be fair Eagles knew the Rams we're drafting Goff. And they knew they would be guaranteed one of the two QBs. I think we are more likely to trade up to #3-#5 and we will want to see who is on the board first.

7 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I expect an announcement that we've traded up within the next 48 hours.

If we do it this early it has to be to #2. No way do i want to risk missing out on our top 2 choices. I really think Cleveland is taking Allen. Idk if it will be at 1 or 4 yet but the Tyrod move screams it to me because i think the other 3 guys should be ready to start week 1. 

Archived