The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Just now, devils1854 said:

Cam from multiple Georgia sources that have been spot on with this class so far.

I'm lost did they actually name him or just say there will be a surprise signing. Your two posts seem to say different things.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep and a bunch of crystal balls just came in for Carman to Clemson.

That is a surprise to me as I pegged it as OSU and then USC.

Yeah, I think most had Carman to Clemson as the 3rd most likely scenario. Would be a nice pull for the Tigers. Carman must really want to leave the state.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I think most had Carman to Clemson as the 3rd most likely scenario. Would be a nice pull for the Tigers. Carman must really want to leave the state.

Yeah I was saying he wanted to leave for a while since I saw an article on eleven warriors (I think?) with a quote from him saying if OSU wasn't in Ohio he would already be committed.

Sometimes being the home school works against you. 

Shout out to Dabo for pulling it off. He's a great recruiter.

I would have preferred Mays as I think he is a day one guy and much safer.  Carman is a huge boom/bust type.  But at this point, we just desperately needed a big name OL.  Georgia took every single one we had rated high outside Carman, one of the best OL classes I've ever seen-reminds me of Stanford's class from years ago.

1 minute ago, PAW said:

I would have preferred Mays as I think he is a day one guy and much safer.  Carman is a huge boom/bust type.  But at this point, we just desperately needed a big name OL.  Georgia took every single one we had rated high outside Carman, one of the best OL classes I've ever seen-reminds me of Stanford's class from years ago.

Agreed. Just need to get him around the right upperclassmen and get his weight in check and he can be a beast.

Just now, PAW said:

I would have preferred Mays as I think he is a day one guy and much safer.  Carman is a huge boom/bust type.  

I think you nailed it. As far as frame and talent, he could be a 1st round guy. He’s also the type that could end up not starting as a freshman then end up flaming out, as he seems like a bit of a character, and work ethic/physique is a real question. With him the best, certainly worth the flier by Dabo.

11 minutes ago, PAW said:

Mays is far from a day 1 guy. He will be redshirted. Much like a Ben Cleveland.

This is a weird feeling for me.  We are signing arguably the #1 rated player on offense and defense, #1 player out of SC, GA, FL, NC, Ohio, and maybe Alabama yet I am pretty disappointed with this recruiting season because every head to head battle outside Lawrence with Georgia we got completely out recruited on.  We have an amazing class, but it is really disappointing to get destroyed by one school in recruiting like what happened this year, especially coming off a National Championship and returning to the playoffs for a third straight year.  I'd probably pick Lawrence over taking all the guys we lost out on, but I'm selfish and wanted both.