Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

LOL...everything Hue says irks you types to no end...

He hired David Lee who loved Tyrod Taylor and the Browns along with Hue angled to get him last year if he was released and they also tried to trade for him last year.

It was reported at the time, but fell on deaf ears as we were all still glowing from having what we thought was a great draft and a shiny big arm QB with upside.

It's a fact that Hue wanted Tyrod.

It's also a fact that Hue wanted AJ out of desperation.

To me, any QB evaluator would see that Tyrod is a better mentor than AJ (the young hot shot cocky, I got my chance now so F-you guy). Beyond that Tyrod is a better overall player than AJ.

The fact that it's so hard for you lot to believe Hue, Zampese, Haley, and the FO agreed that Tyrod was the right choice instead of the popularly circulated low hanging Fruit of "Tyrod coming here instead of AJ proves there's a new Sheriff in town, John Dorsey's his name, and thank God Hue has little say in the QBs we get because there's no way Hue liked Tyrod more than AJ given that he tried to trade for AJ and hugged him. DORSEY....DORSEY....DORSEY....FIRE HUE...FIRE HUE...FIRE HUE..."

Hue has worn out his hindsight benefit of the doubts man. How have you not seen through this guy? He’s thrown players, FO personnel, and other coaches all under the bus. Dude is a weasel.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Hue has worn out his hindsight benefit of the doubts man. How have you not seen through this guy? He’s thrown players, FO personnel, and other coaches all under the bus. Dude is a weasel.

Exactly...and then some.

I wish Dorsey would have publicly put Hue on the hot seat during their press conference. I could see it now.

“Hue even though your boinking Dee in the PT tent after practice you still won’t get passed me. Youre officially on the hot seat. Anything less then .500 is loss in my book.”

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

LOL...everything Hue says irks you types to no end...

Well, if he quit saying stupid ish we wouldn’t be irked.  Pretty simple really.

He hired David Lee who loved Tyrod Taylor and the Browns along with Hue angled to get him last year if he was released and they also tried to trade for him last year.

And he thought so much of David Lee he proceeded to fire him after a year.

It was reported at the time, but fell on deaf ears as we were all still glowing from having what we thought was a great draft and a shiny big arm QB with upside.

I still think it was a great draft.

It's a fact that Hue wanted Tyrod.

It's also a fact that Hue wanted AJ out of desperation.

“Out of desperation”?  He’s the reason we were desperate. It wasn’t Sashi who felt the earth move under his feet when he watched RGIIi throw in shorts or wanted to pass on Watson for Hooker. He wanted to compound his past failures with another mistake.

To me, any QB evaluator would see that Tyrod is a better mentor than AJ (the young hot shot cocky, I got my chance now so F-you guy).

You know these guys now eh?

Beyond that Tyrod is a better overall player than AJ.

Maybe.  More proven certainly, but only time will tell.

The fact that it's so hard for you lot to believe Hue, Zampese, Haley, and the FO agreed that Tyrod was the right choice instead of the popularly circulated low hanging Fruit of "Tyrod coming here instead of

Not at all, mostly I just wish he’d stop showing up to press conferences and talking out his arse.  Win a pair of games this season, then holler at us Hue. Till then, go watch some film. Maybe let one of the 3 assistant coaches on your staff with a better coaching record do the talking. 

AJ proves there's a new Sheriff in town, John Dorsey's his name, and thank God Hue has little say in the QBs we get because there's no way Hue liked Tyrod more than AJ given that he tried to trade for AJ and hugged him. DORSEY....DORSEY....DORSEY....FIRE HUE...FIRE HUE...FIRE HUE..."

I’m not hyping Dorsey at all, but yes, fire Hue. Your ability to defend a 1-31 with the level of smugness you post with is honestly the most adorable damned thing I’ve seen in a long time.

He’s been awful Mind, absolutely awful, and no matter how much lipstick you try to smear on that pig, that’s a fact at this point.

3 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I wish Dorsey would have publicly put Hue on the hot seat during their press conference. I could see it now.

“Hue even though your boinking Dee in the PT tent after practice you still won’t get passed me. Youre officially on the hot seat. Anything less then .500 is loss in my book.”

Yeah, because creating friction and controversy, and distrust between coaching staff and office always works so well.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Yeah, because creating friction and controversy, and distrust between coaching staff and office always works so well.

The dudes 1-31 through the previous front office under the bus and whined about lack of talent. I think the distrust is merited 

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

IMO, Dorsey is using Hue as leverage. He is trying to project the way he treats coaches.

Dorsey comes in and kinda makes it seem like he is willing to give Hue a chance. Dorsey was willing to give hue the benefit of the doubt with the roster. To me that will show other potential future coaching candidate that he is willing to give a coach a chance who was in a supposed bad situation. If Hue really sucks it up early on and gets fired, no one is going to blame Dorsey for firing a guy who previously went 1-31 and maybe ran the record to 2-36 or whatever. Now if Hue really turns it around and this team starts to win, then Hue has the card in his pocket that he was able to build a roster that transformed a 1-31 coach, into a winning season kind of coach. Dorsey hedged his bets IMO

Just now, bosko1616 said:

The dudes 1-31 through the previous front office under the bus and whined about lack of talent. I think the distrust is merited 

Yeah, and which things that you cite him saying are not true?  Our best QB of the Jackson era was McCown, RG3 may have been good, never really had a chance.  We jetisoned Mack, Schwartz, Gipson, and Haden off of the top of my head.  We really did have next to no talent.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

I have no concerns what so ever when it comes to Mayfield, he get the Manziel label due to off field stuff, maybe he does like to party, but he also is supremely motivated and driven to succeed.  That can not be questioned.  The guy went from walk on to Heisman winner.  He may be the most driven and hungry prospect that I have seen coming out.  He literally refuses to fail.

So just to clarify, by saying you have no concerns what so ever when it comes to Mayfield, does this mean you consider him to be a perfect QB prospect? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you mean by no concerns whatsoever but in my opinion, there's "at least" one concern if not more with a prospect whether it's physical or mental. Especially a QB prospect. 

Peace!!!

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

So just to clarify, by saying you have no concerns what so ever when it comes to Mayfield, does this mean you consider him to be a perfect QB prospect? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you mean by no concerns whatsoever but in my opinion, there's "at least" one concern if not more with a prospect whether it's physical or mental. Especially a QB prospect. 

Peace!!!

There is no such thing as a perfect prospect.  That is why they say its not an exact science.  But to answer your question, I would easily rank him ahead of all QBs in last year's draft, and if he needs to play sooner rather than later, I would rank him above every QB in this class.  If he gets to sit a couple of years, I would likely go with Allen because he has physical gifts that just can't be taught.  He is the physical prototype.  Pretty easy to understand honestly.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

If he gets to sit a couple of years, I would likely go with Allen because he has physical gifts that just can't be taught. 

And decision-making and accuracy issues that usually cannot be fixed.

See: Kizer

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

And decision-making and accuracy issues that usually cannot be fixed.

See: Kizer

Its called a project, someone on here last year called Kizer just that... now who was that?  :-)  I am not saying Kizer can't be fixed, although given the trauma that he experienced here it will be an uphill battle for sure.  That is why you let him sit and learn, and work on his deficiencies.   Again, not a complicated thought process.

Archived