Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, didn't read anything there that makes it seem like it was Lynch/York behind the trade up. I mean York said we would sleep better knowing we got our guy....Man, this guy isn't doing a damn thing during the draft aside from giving some bro hugs to Shanahan and Lynch and Marathe LOL.

I'm a great hugger so I'd be super qualified for the GM job. 

• Like 2

Did anyone read that article? To paraphrase- Shanahan wants to get rid of someone he handpicked so he can handpick someone to handle personnel moves because he doesn't like evaluating players? 

There has never been a report I would classify as BS more than that one. I'm glad Shanahan called it as such. 

If anything, I'm worried that the leaks of years past came from someone still around and they are trying to sow discord between the two to see one (or both) of them gone.

36 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Did anyone read that article? To paraphrase- Shanahan wants to get rid of someone he handpicked so he can handpick someone to handle personnel moves because he doesn't like evaluating players? 

There has never been a report I would classify as BS more than that one. I'm glad Shanahan called it as such. 

If anything, I'm worried that the leaks of years past came from someone still around and they are trying to sow discord between the two to see one (or both) of them gone.

Yeah, this is what I came to say. 

Kyle is a control freak. Getting rid of someone to insert another GM because he wants less control is laughable to me. Kyle's imprints are on everything here and it's clear who runs the show. Why would Kyle give that up?

Clickbait BS

Random but for those surprised we didn't go CB in the draft: 

Towards the end of the season, Spoon was easily our best corner. Got absolutely screwed on at least four DPI's as well. 

Now let's see if can put it together from week 1 till the end of the season. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Towards the end of the season, Spoon was easily our best corner. Got absolutely screwed on at least four DPI's as well. 

kinda interesting that the 4 other names there have either been made available in a trade or free agency in the last year.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Last year, Spoon really took his starting spot for granted, came in overconfident, underprepared, and needed half a season to catch up to what he was capable. He ended the year really strong. But signing Verrett and the decent play of Moore should force him to be ready in week 1, bringing his A game. 

41 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Last year, Spoon really took his starting spot for granted, came in overconfident, underprepared, and needed half a season to catch up to what he was capable. He ended the year really strong. But signing Verrett and the decent play of Moore should force him to be ready in week 1, bringing his A game. 

That's a good point, he came in super confident and was handed a starting spot without having to work for it. I guess you can say same applies to guys like Colbert. 

On 2019-04-30 at 7:43 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's a good point, he came in super confident and was handed a starting spot without having to work for it. I guess you can say same applies to guys like Colbert. 

Sherman kept praising him all offseason, last year. It must have gotten to his head.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, Armstead is not a fan of these Niner sites it seems. 

Ha- he's got a point though. 49ers are beyond stupid if they get rid of him now. Unless they get a spectacular trade offer.

11 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Ha- he's got a point though. 49ers are beyond stupid if they get rid of him now. Unless they get a spectacular trade offer.

Absolutely. Either you trade him or keep him, but to cut him? No way. That should get someone fired if they end up doing that. And besides, why would you trade a good solid DL anyways? Armstead was arguably our second best defensive player last year in the front 7, and arguably in our entire defense.