Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So then what do we do with Gould? Do we trade him? Take the tag off of him? 

If he hasn't signed it we can remove the tag. Also we wouldn't be able to trade him if he doesn't sign the tag. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So then what do we do with Gould? Do we trade him? Rescind the tag? 

Sign and trade with the Bears is probably the best for all parties involved. But they only have 5 picks (no 1st, 2nd, or 6th)

Maybe for a guy on their roster like Kylie Fitts and a future pick. 

51 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So then what do we do with Gould? Do we trade him? Rescind the tag? 

Think it depends on what the hold up is. If Gould wants an actual extension, you just keep working on it. If he really just wants to play for the bears, maybe try to work the trade, but if not, just rescind the tag

6 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I missed this move but I gotta say I'm pretty pleased with this. He was pretty clearly the best passrusher in the AAF. 

I'm more pleased with this than re-signing Cassius Marsh last year. Re-signing Marsh was a "what's the point of this?". Moore is more of an unknown to us. There's at least some room for hope. It's more in line with signing Attaochu last year, even though he failed. Re-signing Marsh was just... uninspiring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Gostkowski has resigned for the Pats.

Really hope we can keep Gould. Would be terrible to finally have competent offense next season but loosing games due to kicking problems.

I agree 100%. 

Offer Gould a LTD that is fair and still pays him well. If he doesn't sign that or his his tag let him sit out for an entire season. 

In no circumstance am I removing the tag. I will play chicken with him until week 1. Kicker is not a position I need in the building at any point in the offseason. He could walk into the facility the sunday of week one and I would suit him up (although that is guaranteed to be a road game, unless its MNF, but the point still stands)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I'm more pleased with this than re-signing Cassius Marsh last year. Re-signing Marsh was a "what's the point of this?". Moore is more of an unknown to us. There's at least some room for hope. It's more in line with signing Attaochu last year, even though he failed. Re-signing Marsh was just... uninspiring.

yes, i was also happy with the Attouchu signing though that amounted to nothing. Moore will probably be similar to that but Cameron Wake type players are possible so its good to know the team gave that chance to him, at only 26 years old. He's probably another pure rushing DE though I wonder if this is telling towards our draft strategy when you combine it with the other offseason moves...

8 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

yes, i was also happy with the Attouchu signing though that amounted to nothing. Moore will probably be similar to that but Cameron Wake type players are possible so its good to know the team gave that chance to him, at only 26 years old. He's probably another pure rushing DE though I wonder if this is telling towards our draft strategy when you combine it with the other offseason moves...

I highly doubt Moore is going to have any impact on who we draft. We brought him in for a workout last season and didn’t sign him as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Moore is a fringe roster type of player/talent. He will have no imapct on what we do in the draft. 

I agree with this but unless multiple draft picks are used on EDGE, or additions through UDFAs, and then they surprise during TC I’d say his spot is probably locked as a depth piece. We don’t have very much in the way of true edge players behind Ford and now Moore. I know Solly, Watson and Blair can play there but they aren’t true EDGE guys in my mind nor should they be counted on to be such. 

14 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Yeah, but Wake learned to pass rush in Canada. Canada is key here. Moore didn't come to Canada (or did he?). Canada is great. I'm great.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Yeah, but Wake learned to pass rush in Canada. Canada is key here. Moore didn't come to Canada (or did he?). Canada is great. I'm great.

doesn’t look like he spent much time North of the wall, but he did work at a Home Depot. 

7 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

doesn’t look like he spent much time North of the wall, but he did work at a Home Depot. 

But did he stay at a Holliday Inn last night? That is the most important question.