Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

32 minutes ago, N4L said:

"The 49ers were stunned. Lynch and Gettleman had multiple conversations spanning weeks. Despite the 49ers monitoring the situation closely, they ultimately never heard from the Giants before the trade was made. Gettleman's contact with Lynch ended the days prior to the conversations with Cleveland. It's strongly believed the 49ers would have been willing to offer more for a wide receiver of Beckham's stature, according to a league source."

Damn

Looks like "patience" didn't pay off and they should have offered their best deal a bit earlier. I wonder what that would have been? If they wanted a safety badly so maybe swap 1sts, 2019 2nd and Tartt? Plus maybe a pick next year? 

I mean obviously the deal could have easily been done if the #2 pick was on the table but they wanted the keep it, or at the very least have the Giants #6 pick if they had to give up #2.

16 hours ago, N4L said:

"The 49ers were stunned. Lynch and Gettleman had multiple conversations spanning weeks. Despite the 49ers monitoring the situation closely, they ultimately never heard from the Giants before the trade was made. Gettleman's contact with Lynch ended the days prior to the conversations with Cleveland. It's strongly believed the 49ers would have been willing to offer more for a wide receiver of Beckham's stature, according to a league source."

Damn

How is this possible? I thought we were NEVER in the running for OBJ. :)

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

How is this possible? I thought we were NEVER in the running for OBJ. :)

Who said that? 

I posted before that it seemed like the giants didn't want to make a deal with us, which this article seems to validate. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Who said that? 

I posted before that it seemed like the giants didn't want to make a deal with us, which this article seems to validate. 

Man, the league REALLY needs to look into why opposing teams are trying to collude against us. Enough is enough!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Man, the league REALLY needs to look into why opposing teams are trying to collude against us. Enough is enough!!!!!!

It's not collusion. It's just one team choosing to make a deal with another team that is not us. Seems like a lot of it was due to the gettleman/Dorsey relationship and I suspect some of it was because they knew Odell wanted to be in sunny California (that interview he did with Lil Wayne, he specifically said he liked sunshine in response to 'are you happy in NY?'). Also they sent him to the AFC. 

The raiders chose not to have Khalil mack in the Bay area, I can understand their reasoning as well. 

In the same breath, the Patriots chose San Francisco as the place they would send Garoppolo. So stuff like this evens out sometimes.

Garoppolo >>>> mack or Odell (didn't have the ammo for both) 

Not sure why you are taking what I am saying to the extreme and then adding a bunch of sarcastic exclamation marks? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

It's not collusion. It's just one team choosing to make a deal with another team that is not us. Seems like a lot of it was due to the gettleman/Dorsey relationship and I suspect some of it was because they knew Odell wanted to be in sunny California (that interview he did with Lil Wayne, he specifically said he liked sunshine in response to 'are you happy in NY?'). Also they sent him to the AFC. 

The raiders chose not to have Khalil mack in the Bay area, I can understand their reasoning as well. 

In the same breath, the Patriots chose San Francisco as the place they would send Garoppolo. So stuff like this evens out sometimes.

Not sure why you are taking what I am saying to the extreme and then adding a bunch of sarcastic exclamation marks? 

Don't confuse New York's incompetence here of not doubling back to Lynch as the Giants not wanting to do a deal with Lynch or every team preferring to trade their play elsewhere. I'm sorry, but we aren't relevant enough for teams to act that way. If you want to say maybe the Raiders because of the Bay Area rivalry? I could buy that somewhat. However, has it ever dawned upon you that possibly Lynch likes to slow play things in negotiations and doesn't initially give a good enough offer? The Giants very well may just have wanted two first round picks this year regardless and didn't weren't interested in getting a 2020 1st rounder? And if Lynch made it clear to them, and I am sure he did, that the #2 pick was off the table. And again, fair play to him. Not going to kill him for that even if I would have traded the #2 pick for OBJ considering we had the Ford trade in our back pocket. 

But what I am not going to do is give Lynch a pass every time we miss out on a player and he goes to a radio station and says we had the best offer or this team didn't want to trade him to us blah blah blah. We are not the damn Patriots for teams to be going out of their way to make sure we don't get better. Maybe Lynch just needs to switch up the way he does things and put out better offers earlier in the process. Slow playing it doesn't always work. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course that would have an impact on his play as would not being used properly. Hopefully Saleh and the crew have fixed those issues and will use him to his best of abilities. 

Yeah, I think a fresh outlook on life and some time away from football this offseason hopefully helped to center his mind and clear the trauma that he went through. Also, having a position coach that's actually interested in using him correctly and might actually be an advocate for him will really help, too. Just put Thomas beside Buckner and let those two collapse the pocket every down. We've seen time after time where Thomas knifes in to make a stop in the backfield, or at the very least, disrupt the play and allow someone else to make the stop. 

JUST PLAY THE MAN

• Like 3

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I said it a couple of weeks ago: the rest of the league is afraid of us. There's a concerted effort not to give us too many weapons on offense. We're scaring them! We're the scariest 4 win team in the league!

4 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I said it a couple of weeks ago: the rest of the league is afraid of us. There's a concerted effort not to give us too many weapons on offense. We're scaring them! We're the scariest 4 win team in the league!

Maybe EVER! Shanahan is so revered in our league that you have opposing coaches stealing plays from a coach who won 4 games last year and 10 total in two years! 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

I think quite simply, they wanted him out of the NFC all together. So as soon as a AFC team came along with a offer they liked, they jumped on it. Gettlemen is a train-wreck waiting to happen anyway so that was probably his line of thinking....'screw the best offer, I don't want him in my conference so he can stick it to me every 3 years, let's just ship him to the AFC'. I'm going to enjoy him running that franchise into the ground...

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 7:18 PM, oldman9er said:

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Defensive lineman Damontre Moore has signed a one-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/49ers-sign-defensive-lineman-damontre-moore-to-one-year-deal-040519

I missed this move but I gotta say I'm pretty pleased with this. He was pretty clearly the best passrusher in the AAF. 

• Like 1